Plyoboxes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plyoboxes...

Anyone know of a good source for them? I seriously need to improve my box jumps, as they are my biggest problem in crossfit. I kind of want to just make one.... but I'm not so handy in the carpentry department.

So, what I'd like to know is, anyone know of a cheap source (i've checked Rogue and Again faster...too expensive!)
    OR
    Does anyone know what would have to go in to making a 24" wooden box. SEEMS to me like it would be easy...but again, I'm no expert.

Thanks...
    Check out my blog: ANTHROfit

did you google homemade? its real easy and cheep that way. used to make "fun boxes" out of 2/4s and plywood back when i skateboarded, and those lasted years going through more wear than you would use for plyos.
    just make sure your base is big enough to prevent tipping, and the rest is just a prefference of design. tappered? boxed? rectangular?
    my photo stream
    The Enlightened Warrior

Comment

there's a crossfit site somewhere that has blueprints for plyo boxes
      I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

We've used these before:

http://library.crossfit.com/free/pdf...plyo_boxes.pdf
        Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
        Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
        The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
        Brute Force Sandbags
        www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
        http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

And I also use these from time to time:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_o-7tqRbez_...0/IMG_6648.JPG
          Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
          Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
          The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
          Brute Force Sandbags
          www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
          http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

I built this using the Crossfit plans that Palfrey posted. It was pretty simple and straight-forward. All you need is some plywood, some screws, an electric drill and a circular saw.

"Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
            - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldsmith View Post
              I built this using the Crossfit plans that Palfrey posted. It was pretty simple and straight-forward. All you need is some plywood, some screws, an electric drill and a circular saw.

What's up with the MONEY grok cut out? Is that lit from inside? or is that just a reflective sticker? Looks good thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Palfrey View Post

Great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by The Japsican View Post
                  What's up with the MONEY grok cut out? Is that lit from inside? or is that just a reflective sticker? Looks good thanks!
                  looks spray painted
                  I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Yeah, it's just spray paint.
                    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."

Comment

Oh, looks lit up... Flash on camera I guess.

Comment

I think that is just residual white spray paint, my stencil kind of sucked so I got a lot of bleed though and not the clean crisp edges I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                        X