No announcement yet.

Appalachian Trail Thru Hike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to try some long distance hiking eating more paleo. Hubs and I did the Pemi loop in the Whites (~33 miles with 10K of elevation and 11 or 12 4000' mtns) in 3 days but the brownies at the huts did me in and I didn't really stick to my paleo plan.

Yodie - that spread of food looks tasty Did you end up finishing GA? How many miles is that? I'm in NY and know nothing about the southern end of the trail.

Comment

Originally posted by lorichka6 View Post
      Yodie - that spread of food looks tasty Did you end up finishing GA? How many miles is that? I'm in NY and know nothing about the southern end of the trail.
      We did finish the Georgia section, I just never got around to writing about it :-) It was just over 100 miles. I wish we had had time to go a little further. For one, we ended up in the middle of nowhere (the trailhead took forever to get to). Two, we apparently stopped just before a good setion (entering the Smokies and some abatement of the PUDs (pointless up and downs) that are a hallmark of the Georgia section).

Comment

I'm starting to think about doing the Florida Trail someday, at least some of the good parts. There is no up and down. For now
        I'm stuck with day hikes.
        As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

I'm doing a 5 day trip in the South Sierra wilderness in June. Ordered bulk freeze dried brocolli, and some beef. Will make up my own paleo meals, along with dehydrated refried beans and some triple-smoked Berliner Rauchwurst.

Comment

Working...
          X