Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accomplishments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Accomplishments

    Ok...I must have missed a thread or two on this subject from long time Groks & Grokettes who have met their goals laid out when PB was started.

    Surely there has been a "success!" thread on here before??

    If not, I am very interested in hearing from those of you out there who have achieved their goals with the PB. The goals could be anything..... weight/ body fat loss/reshaping/building muscle/clearing up "syndrome X" or anything you've accomplished.

    Please...I would love to hear about it. And if there are pictures....PLEASE post!
    If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
    James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

  • #2
    I really love this thread, keeps me motivated:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread6138.htm
    My Journal

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread3243.html
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

      Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)


      Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

      My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

      Comment


      • #4
        I have accomplished my first stated goal in my intro: I can now walk to my mailbox. Took me almost three years to get there, but get there I did.

        I have also accomplished another major goal: I have pulled back from the brink of diabetes, with a starting HbA1c of 5.9 (eek!).

        On the 20th, I will accomplish another goal that has been years in the making: I will be able to briefly make an appearance at opening weekend of my farmers' market. Of everything, I have missed this the most.

        Eyes on the prize!
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

        Comment


        • #5
          I accomplished enjoying a "diet". Before going paleo the idea of eating healthy never sounded enjoyable. NOW I TAKE PICTURES OF MY MEALS AND BRAG ABOUT HOW MANLY AND DELICIOUS THEY ARE! I mean come on i just made prokchops wrapped in bacon with eggs on the side for breakfast... and some sauteed apples, but people are too horrified or confused to notice those since i'm losing so much weight.

          Comment


          • #6


            Awesome man. I knew there had to be other threads on here regarding accomplishments. I dont think this stuff gets enough attention. Everyone should voice theirs more often. Afterall, its motivating to the rest of us and it really is the reason we all switched to this lifestyle.
            If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
            James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
              I have accomplished my first stated goal in my intro: I can now walk to my mailbox. Took me almost three years to get there, but get there I did.

              I have also accomplished another major goal: I have pulled back from the brink of diabetes, with a starting HbA1c of 5.9 (eek!).

              On the 20th, I will accomplish another goal that has been years in the making: I will be able to briefly make an appearance at opening weekend of my farmers' market. Of everything, I have missed this the most.

              Eyes on the prize!


              You are a true role model. Seriously. I have seen plenty of your posts and you always come with the good primal advice!
              If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
              James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NeoBerserker View Post
                I accomplished enjoying a "diet". Before going paleo the idea of eating healthy never sounded enjoyable. NOW I TAKE PICTURES OF MY MEALS AND BRAG ABOUT HOW MANLY AND DELICIOUS THEY ARE! I mean come on i just made prokchops wrapped in bacon with eggs on the side for breakfast... and some sauteed apples, but people are too horrified or confused to notice those since i'm losing so much weight.


                Let me see some of the pictures of the food. Seriously, I LOVE cooking. Especially meat. I am the grill master and chef at our house. And I am always looking to learn to cook something new and Primal...
                If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

                Comment


                • #9
                  nice post. Thanks for sharing. Keep updating.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I went from (6'5") 340lbs (very little muscle) to 250lbs (less than an inch of fat). I feel like I've hit a plateau though so I'm trying fasting.
                    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      I went from (6'5") 340lbs (very little muscle) to 250lbs (less than an inch of fat). I feel like I've hit a plateau though so I'm trying fasting.
                      WOW!!! That is fantastic! You need to post some pics...let all of us see the success. How long have you been Primal? Share your story. Im definitely interested...
                      If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                      James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I had a gradual transition, every step towards primal resulted in quicker weight loss. The funny thing is I did it because of food allergies and only recently discovered primal exists. I started with gluten, then cut out all forms of candy/processed junk and finally all other grains (I was eating drammach for a while).
                        At the same time I started exercising more (turns out my legs were already strong from carrying around the weight), mostly doing basic weightlifting moves and hiking the local trails. Now I'm doing fartlek training every day and body weight exercises every other day. Just managed to do a pullup last week!
                        Oh and as soon as I get a way to put my phone pictures (broken memory card with 4 years of pictures) onto my computer I'll put some up.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well

                          I haven't taken before/after pics to post (I do have some before)... but the other day I looked in the mirror, and my body recomp has been pretty awesome so far. After two knee surgeries in 09, I was a bit soft, pudgy and timid in 2010 . However, I looked in the mirrow and though... "damn I must've lost 15-20 pounds, I feel great!"

                          So I decide to step on the scale... 3 pounds. That's all I've lost. Some may be discouraged... however that means I've packed on some serious muscle in the last 3 months... which makes me ecstatic!

                          Also, though this isnt much for some people, after all the work I've had done on my knees, I've gotten my deadlift from 165 2x to 225 6x at the gym last night. Shooting for 300 in another six months! Looooove Primal!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            you should just give up and go on a high carb vegan penance diet. live on a thick vegan nutrient paste made out of lentils and oatmeal.

                            you'll be much happier.

                            it's bliiiiiissssssssssssssssssssss...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by workinhard View Post
                              Well

                              I haven't taken before/after pics to post (I do have some before)... but the other day I looked in the mirror, and my body recomp has been pretty awesome so far. After two knee surgeries in 09, I was a bit soft, pudgy and timid in 2010 . However, I looked in the mirrow and though... "damn I must've lost 15-20 pounds, I feel great!"

                              So I decide to step on the scale... 3 pounds. That's all I've lost. Some may be discouraged... however that means I've packed on some serious muscle in the last 3 months... which makes me ecstatic!

                              Also, though this isnt much for some people, after all the work I've had done on my knees, I've gotten my deadlift from 165 2x to 225 6x at the gym last night. Shooting for 300 in another six months! Looooove Primal!
                              Anytime you get more muscle...its a good thing. And you know its muscle because the weights are going up in the gym or wherever you lift. Congrats...thats awesome progress. You should post your pics too. And your story so others who may be physically in the same boat as you (i.e. dont lose a lot of weight but gain muscle) can see that there are folks out there like them.
                              If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                              James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X