No announcement yet.

4 Hour Body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny thing about Tim is that he seems so douchy when you look at his material, but I was pleasantly surprised at how sweet and low key he was on Robb Wolf's podcast (and also pretty low key on The View). I enjoyed the book and I've implemented a lot of his little tips. I really like his "cat vomit" exercise, lol!
    http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

I have been watching YouTube videos of him dancing the tango in Buenos Aires and break dancing. I found the clip where he set the Guiness Book of World Records for tango spins. This dude is a trip! I've also been looking up vids to see proper form for those kettlebell swings he swears by for women.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by Bane View Post
        This is definitely worth a read:

From Charlie Nader at Bygone Bureau, a wonderful pantsing of Tim Ferriss andhis self-help nonsense.

(via Kottke.org)
        Bane, You made my day. haha!
        Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by cmw45 View Post
          He tells you how to get a woman off in 15 minutes. Pretty useful right??
          But I don't want to be "got off" in 15 mins.... I want it to take 4 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by mozzy10 View Post
            But I don't want to be "got off" in 15 mins.... I want it to take 4 hours!
            Sorry, that would count as chronic cardio.

Gordo

Comment

^LOL.

All I can say about that female orgasm chapter is that the magic clitoral area and the location he gives for it is precisely where mine is.

And I totally agree about the pressure. IME, 80% of guys use way too much pressure and they're all over the place. NO!

Haven't tried the pillow thing yet, so can't say there.
              Last edited by TigerLily; 02-06-2011, 08:12 PM.

Comment

www.dragondoor.com, posted it a few times but hell if you want kettlebells...this is the leader...and plenty of information FOR FREE that you can avoid buying...obviously plenty of manuals to buy too...but they have something for everyone from real Kettlebell trainers.

I wouldn't take my Kettlebell instruction from anyone but an RKC certified trainer (where you can find them on the above website). Doing swings wrong can really injure you, but do them right (as I have been learning) and they are the single best workout for anyone...
                Last edited by Primal2010; 02-07-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

if anyone does want to read the book, ill send you my copy just PM me your address. im done with it, and i second what tigerlily said! lol
                  Get on my Level
                  http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by New Renaissance View Post
                    Bane, You made my day. haha!
                    Agreed. That was funny as hell.

Comment

Still reading it. He comes off as a little crack-pot'y. I'm keeping an open mind until I finish it. Seems like he's more into cheats/hacks of the body. The kind of stuff you could use to win a bet, but would not change your life in a meaningful way.

Comment

I am stoked about this kettlebell swing thing.

Here is the best instruction I could find (she is RKC certified):

She is using a DragonDoor KB here. (And that is what Ferriss uses too.)
                        Last edited by TigerLily; 02-07-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I love Lauren Brooks (and I learned my swing from this video, too )
                          http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

I did KB swings last night before we watched the SuperBowl over here....we have one 35 lber, and holy crap is my lower back sore today. I've never had any exercise make my glutes burn like that...my wife better brace for impact!

Comment

I read a lot of the book over the past few days - from comments in the book, his slo carb seems to work partially because of low caloric intake...hence the importance of the binge day. I don't see how someone can eat to satiety on protein and legumes for 3 meals a day and only eat 1200 calories or so like one person said he did...

Comment

Originally posted by floridapiper View Post
                                I read a lot of the book over the past few days - from comments in the book, his slo carb seems to work partially because of low caloric intake...hence the importance of the binge day. I don't see how someone can eat to satiety on protein and legumes for 3 meals a day and only eat 1200 calories or so like one person said he did...
                                All those beans would kill me. Whether they're from a can or soaked overnight, beans just make my stomach feel like it's in a trash compactor.

Comment

Working...
                                X