Im Hungry all day please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im Hungry all day please help

Im trying to cut the carbs and eat primal, but I find myself hungry like every 2 hours. And how do i keep the energy up? ive been crashing in the middle of my work outs.
    Thanks for your help!

Snack on nuts, make sure you are eating enough fat, bacon, avocado, coconut oil, coconut milk.

Comment

were you hungry every two hours before you ate primal?

Comment

Eat enough fat, eat enough protein.

Comment

+ 1 eat more. What are your workouts?

Comment

it would help if you shared what you're eating.

but generally speaking, eat enough protein and fat. Remember that if your body has been primed to run on sugar for years, there's going to be an adjustment to *not* running on sugar. Keep some cooked bacon strips handy for a quick snack/pick me up if you need it.
            Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Im a firefighter so there is a high physical demand on my day, and we work out really hard. So i eat eggs mixed some greens in the morning along with half serving of still cut oats, with green tea, snack 1 serving of mixed nuts, lunch chicken breast on whole wheat sandwitch with avocado, than after i work out i have a plant based protien shake dinner is some like a steak with veggies and sweet potato. by bed time im really out of my mind hungry so i will have another shake or nuts. as u can see i havent gone all the way primal but im trying.

Comment

Originally posted by inga View Post
                were you hungry every two hours before you ate primal?
                no i was able to go 3 to 4 hours with out eating, but when i did eat i would as if it was my last meal. But i burn everything off.

Comment

Originally posted by DanC View Post
                  + 1 eat more. What are your workouts?
                  my work out are from 1 hour to 2 hours long, its just depends on what the capt. has planned for us.

Comment

Originally posted by rharding View Post
                    Im a firefighter so there is a high physical demand on my day, and we work out really hard. So i eat eggs mixed some greens in the morning along with half serving of still cut oats, with green tea, snack 1 serving of mixed nuts, lunch chicken breast on whole wheat sandwitch with avocado, than after i work out i have a plant based protien shake dinner is some like a steak with veggies and sweet potato. by bed time im really out of my mind hungry so i will have another shake or nuts. as u can see i havent gone all the way primal but im trying.
                    You still have quite a bit of grain in your diet and not much fat - I would be hungry all the time with those 2 issues.
                    Last edited by supersellen; 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM. Reason: original tone was snarkish
                    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

Comment

why are you still eating bread? And oats? Have you read The Primal Blueprint?

Switch from chicken breast to chicken thighs or some other fattier cut of meat. Eat MORE at each meal, and eat more fat/protein. You probably need a lot more calories than what your consuming.
                      Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

Originally posted by supersellen View Post
                        You still have quite a bit of grain in your diet and not much fat - I would be hungry all the time with those 2 issues.
                        Ya im trying to get rid of the grains, Im trying to find other choices. Im having a hard time likeing veggies also, im sure over time i will figure it out. Thanks for ur help

Comment

Ya im trying to get rid of the grains, Im trying to find other choices. Im having a hard time likeing veggies also, im sure over time i will figure it out. Thanks for ur help
                          I havent read that book yet, will it help? do you have a quick fillling lunch recipe that would help, I just dont have time to cook . Thanks!

Comment

While you are eating grain carbs you will have the '2 hour hungries' caused by your insulin levels spiking. Stick to proteins and fats and non-grain carbs and you can't go wrong.
                            Odille
                            F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
                            following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

Double Burger without the bun w/salad or slaw, cheese for snacks (if you can do dairy), veggie sticks with chicken liver paté, Tuna or Egg salad on mixed greens...Avocado or cheese or bacon with everything.
                              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
                              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
                              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Working...
                              X