Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting enough food

How do you do it?
    I'm 18, a male, around 215 lbs, about 16-19% BF, and it's tough to eat enough food, and this is my huge obstacle to not eating crap. I get realllllllllllllly hungry, and bam.

Batty's Butter Balls. The raspberry flavor is dangerously good, and almost entirely butter.

The basic principle is fat. Eat fat. Eat it in stuff, on stuff, and by itself.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

smother everything in butter/coconut oil/lard.

If you dont eat sweetpotatos you might try those. Very filling.
        sigpic

Comment

Interesting. I think the hardest part is fitting it around my schedule. Grill, grill, grill! Fry, fry, fry! Ah. How I wish for cheap paleo fast food.

Comment

cooking large meals helps. Primals leftovers are delicious.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
              Eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat eat fat
              +1
              (and drink lots of water)
              my primal journal:
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

should you worry about calories when trying to eat enough?
                im adding weight at the moment..cause im to damn skinny...like bad health skinny
                155lbs at 6ft5..
                ive cut out IFing..to once a week at the most.
                drinking raw organic milk (the joys of living in a wee irish town)
                more eggs...
                sweet potatoes after my workouts (a good amount to be fair)
                and fats...

Comment

* Drink more coconut milk
                  * More bacon with your eggs
                  * More nuts
                  * More Sweet Potatoes

PS)
                  Try baked sweet potatoe slices with baked apple slices MMMMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmmm This combination is heaven on earth!

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by FergalJennings View Post
                    should you worry about calories when trying to eat enough?
                    im adding weight at the moment..cause im to damn skinny...like bad health skinny
                    155lbs at 6ft5..
                    ive cut out IFing..to once a week at the most.
                    drinking raw organic milk (the joys of living in a wee irish town)
                    more eggs...
                    sweet potatoes after my workouts (a good amount to be fair)
                    and fats...
                    I wouldn't IF at all. I would stuff the living hell out of myself if i were you, and try to eat mostly clean but not worry too much about it

Comment

I'm in a bit of a grey area -- at least I think I am -- when it comes to food as well. 22, probably in the neighborhood of 185-190, but not yet to the point where that V-taper is kicking in near the bottom. Still have a few extra pounds to lose in that vicinity, and it's been stagnant there for a while despite being virtually full-tilt PB since mid/late July. (I've certainly gotten tanner though, and that's saying something for a guy who typically has been quite pale and sunburn-susceptible all his life!)

Since on PB I've been in neighborhood of, oh, 2500 calories/day on average, but I don't really log my food intake to get a totally clear picture. Every once in a while (one day a week maybe) I'll just eat whatever I feel like eating, but it's typically all quality food (no grains, but perhaps a bit of dairy and that's when I raid the sample bins at Whole Foods ). Yet I have a feeling I'm into the "you stupid stubborn last few pounds, go away!" area and I'm oscillating between my choices of 1) some sort of fasting (LeanGains, I've done for the past week or so) and 2) eating more in an attempt to see if my body has been in a "famine" mode.

The mental block for me comes into play with option 2, where I have two main problems swirling about in my head: 1) I've already been on the fitness path for a while -- not quite three years, probably two and a half, and I've yet to really be "cut" at all (this irks me more). So I don't want to do something that will set me further from that goal, but I'm unsure which way is the right way... and 2) I'm in college. I live off campus and can control my food supply, but the issue of cost begins to rear its head in the case where I would end up eating more. 'Cause 4000 calories/day is a lot of money for a college budget.

Gwar.
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

Yeah, what you said. I'd love to just drop about 6% body fat in the next 8 months or so, and i'm experimenting with some free-eating and maybe loosening up some restrictions--i.e. rice once or twice a week, and i'm working on getting more strict and being more mindful of the food.

i'm in community college (oy), so like, i can ask my mom to get most stuff, but i really don't like to ask for too much, just because it is fairly expensive

Comment

I drink a lot of coconut milk and cream. It helps a ton.

I still struggle, and have found that I need 12oz of rice a day to help pack the muscle on (220-225 right now)
                          I'm constantly trying to revise and take out more carbs and add more fat though, slow and sure.

Comment

Have you considered doing occasional refeeds instead of upping calories overall?
                            My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
                            My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

Comment

Big, fatty steak and lots of it. Cow's tongue. Spare ribs. Lamb forequarter chops, roasts. Often hunger is due to a lack of fat in your diet because so much food today has the fat removed. Most meat you buy has the fit almost entirely trimmed off. Cooking in fat helps. Chasing down the fattier cuts of meat helps.
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
                              X