No announcement yet.

Trainer Goes from Fab to Flab

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another point that I think needs to be brought up regarding how easy it will be for him to lose weight, is that its pretty common for injured athletes to gain a few pounds while they're recovering because their body has adjusted to their previous level of physical activity and now that's gone. Then, after they recover and get back into their normal workout/training regiment, it doesn't take long for that extra weight to disappear.

I realize that many of you might view this statement as being kind of CW-ish, but that was definitely my experience a while back, FWIW.

I know that's not exactly the case with this dude, but it seems like a similar kind of thing. Also, while it wasn't the case with me, I wouldn't be surprised if some people who normally eat pretty healthy tend to eat less healthy when they're recovering from an injury. Recoveries often involve a lot of stress and pain, and food is an easy thing to turn to to cope with that.

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'll be impressed if he can get back to his former condition. I stopped playing sports at 26, then started again at 33 to get back into shape after gaining 30 lbs. I thought I could exercise my way back into shape, but 7 years later I finally know why I couldn't pull that off.

Comment

I'm with JulieD on this one. I gained all my weight following a low-fat diet and working out everyday. Jogging, swimming, three meals a day. I still gained 80lbs+.

I've yet to lose them, nor am I pigging out or lazy. I don't have a car, so I walk or ride my bike everywhere. I've seen people thinner than me circling parking lots looking for a closer space.

Comment

I dont think he is going to have an easy time getting the weight off, Morgan Spurlock only did it for a month, gained 25lbs, and it took him according to Wiki about 14 months to get back to his normal weight.

Of course everyone is different.

Then there is Renee Zellweger, and I its only my own personal opinion, but I think she has an eating disorder because of her choice in film role.

I wouldnt want to speculate about what his intentions were, whether out of compassion for his clients or a publicity/marketing ploy, but I think in the end he will have a pretty good idea what its like to try and get weight off, and it will be harder than he expected.

Comment

Working...
          X