Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of me is YAY part is NOOOO. Vibrams on yahoo's front page

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...trend-2337336/

FiveFingers made the front page of Yahoo. My inner self is at war. Part of me says Yay! I was right, suck it! The other part says Boo! Now they all know!

I know exactly what you mean!

Comment

I know what you mean! I don't have any yet but I've wanted a pair ever since I first saw them. When I saw that article today, one of the first things I thought was 'Damn, now I'm just going to be another person who wants them because they were on Yahoo.' Sigh.

I do think it's great that they're catching on though.

Comment

I can totally relate to the mixed feelings. I want everyone to find out about how much stronger their feet/legs could be... but I already had to drive 2 hours just to find these things because everyone sells out within a week of getting them in - it can only go downhill from here.
        "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Yep. I was wearing them 2 years ago and got all kinds of weird looks. Now everyone wants them. I hope it doesn't drive the price up higher than they already are.

Comment

Yeah. Like Doc Martins. From factory workers to punks to Nordstrom.
            Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

5 fingers have been popping like crazy everywhere - whole living magazine had a special on it last month, Tom/Lorenzo (a fashion blog of all places) mentioned it today, & i heard NPR talking about them last month. yay for the fight against all the evil shoes!
              And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
              Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Comment

Hard to drive in them. My little toe falls off the accelarator.
                My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Maybe this means they'll make them in some decent color combinations now.

Comment

This could mean competition and further innovation. Not a bad thing since prices can eventually drop. I don't wear them as they are not compatible with my toes so I have been eagerly awaiting something new.

Comment

They are really difficult to get here in my city. Only two places carry them: Mountain Equipment Co-op and a local niche running shop. I bought a pair of Performas from the running shop, but after some consideration, I decided I want the Sprints instead so that I can use them outdoors as well as inside at the gym. I'm on a waiting list until they get more in, which may not be until sometime next month. I also tried on a pair of KSOs in my size, but the top cuff hits me in the front of the ankle and seemed like it would be uncomfortable quite quickly.

I will be in Minneapolis over the long weekend, so I'm going to try a couple of shops there to see if I can get some sooner. Either way, I really want to have them before I leave for India in October. I think they'll be fantastic for my time in Goa especially.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Ugh, they are already so badly back ordered now - it took me 4 months to get a new pair of bikilas in my size as they are never in stock now. I mean i'm glad for their success, but if this trend hit a tipping point.. this means that knock off versions will probably be around the corner next for $12.99 at the drug store.
                        -mikewootini
                        ==================================================
                        While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
                        twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

Comment

It can only get worse for Vibram, They seriously need to step up and actually be capable of meeting the current demand for the VFF's, otherwise fakes are going to get even more prevalent.
                          Vibrams London

Comment

Absolutely. I'm confused about why they don't seem to be expanding the company along with demand. Are they not making enough money? If the darn things are that expensive to make, raise the price a few bucks, I guarantee people will still buy them. I'd have been willing to pay more.
                            "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mayness View Post
                              Absolutely. I'm confused about why they don't seem to be expanding the company along with demand. Are they not making enough money? If the darn things are that expensive to make, raise the price a few bucks, I guarantee people will still buy them. I'd have been willing to pay more.
                              Raising the price isn't really an option, as the price already puts a lot of people off.
                              Vibrams London

Comment

Working...
                              X