Does the pain go away?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the pain go away?

I recently purchased Vibrams and have been using them in the gym for about a week. Today I took them to a bridge and jogged 3 miles and my feet are KILLING me, someone please tell me this is only a one time thing? (they fit perfect)

Have you ever run in vibrams or barefoot before? If not, 3 miles is WAY too much. Try quarter miles instead or go my time, each run increase the the distance or time by a little. I'm surprised you have not complained of calf pain. Are you running on the balls of you feet or flat-footed?

Comment

That was why i walked around the gym in them for a week figuring my feet would adjust, 3 miles was definitely a lot but they felt fine until i was at 2.5 miles. I was running flat footed but the balls of my feet are what hurt. I do a lot of calf workouts throughout the week and run hills so that is probably why my calves never hurt. I really want them to work without the pain, so maybe going up in distance gradually is the key.

Comment

yeah , if you were comfortable at 2 miles, stay with that for a week. then add a quarter mile the next week, so on and so forth. If you get sore , back off a bit. Walking around on them really doesn't adjust you for running. I have a pair of KSO treks (love 'em) , and until I ran on them I really didn't comprehend the amount of time it would take to strengthen my feet. I am a pretty regular runner as well.

Comment

ok great, i really do love them. I purchased the reg KSO, and they feel great walking around. Thanks for the advice and happy running!

Comment

You probably bruised the balls of your feet. Go soak your feet in cold water, put an ice pack on them if you have one, etc. It will take a while for that pain to go away (yeah, I've done similar things.) Good luck!
            If I don't live my dream, who will?

Comment

Thanks roska!!! Ice pack is already on them, lol.

Comment

I bought them 3 days ago and I've been jogging everyday in them and going out in them also. My feet feels great but that's just me?

Comment

how far did you jog?

Comment

i was also running along a bridge which had almost a metal grate surface which probably did not help at all.

Comment

lol that sucks Steveoreo.

I jog on average about 30-40min in the morning. Its about 5miles and I have many different routes I take but most is the same ground, pavement and gravel.

Comment

probably just takes a little getting used to i hope, im going to go to a neighborhood (high school) track tomorrow and run in them again and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                        X