The definitive PR thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The definitive PR thread.

Post videos, pictures, and logs of your latest PR!

I'll start off with a 345lb high bar back squat PR today at the gym.

Apart from my knees tracking a little past the toes I am very happy with the lift. I think I might have had a little extra in the tank but did not want to push it without a proper squat rack. Constructive criticism welcome.

Nice! It looked fine to me. I deadlifted 425 Monday, which is a PR. I'm squatting 385 Friday, which would be a PR, so I'll try to get a good video of that.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
      Post videos, pictures, and logs of your latest PR!

I'll start off with a 345lb high bar back squat PR today at the gym.

Apart from my knees tracking a little past the toes I am very happy with the lift. I think I might have had a little extra in the tank but did not want to push it without a proper squat rack. Constructive criticism welcome.
      Great work Jimmy !

Comment

Was pressing 290lbs on the Hammer decline today which was a PR for me, getting around 8 reps though so not sure what a 1RM would be. Arms are also up to just over 18" which is as big as they have ever been.

Last edited by OldSchhool; 12-02-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

The definitive PR thread.

Appreciate it guys. Jefferson, good luck on crushing the PR, you got it bro. Getting closer to 4 wheels!

O.S. Looking swole dude. Seems like you are hitting your goals!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Last edited by JimmyDamage; 12-02-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the PR. It is going to be a long long time before I ever set another PR.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Coolest PR recently is a 450 lb deadlift. I was supposed to try to match or beat it today, but my lat has been bothering me. I called off deadlifts at 385. Disappointing. I really wanted 455 or 460. Soon.

I also got to break a facility record recently. I know a couple who owns a Crossfit box, and I stopped in to see them. It was deadlift day for me, so I lifted there. They only have bumper plates, so I ended up maxing out the bar with those, then adding their heavy chains. I had to wrap big bungies around the plates to keep them on. It was awesome. Heaviest lift ever performed in the facility; I put my name on the wall. I have a video somewhere.

Comment

I recently PR'd in squat (275 - 33lb pr); bench (160 - 15lb pr); deadlift (340 - 4lb pr). The deadlift wasn't anything special but I know if I wasn't fatigued I could've gotten 345 or something. I PR'd the squat the day before and my body was shot. Anyway, hope to hit 350lb deadlift by March.

Great work everyone! I'm so inspired and challenged by you monkeys!! It kills me that as a woman I'll never see the numbers that you guys push/pull! 😢😜

Comment

Damn Edenn you are a beast!

I squatted 165 on Monday and now I can barely lower myself to the toilet.

Comment

Mr A, 450 is a beastly lift, that's getting into Rich M territory. It's pretty hard to get 4+ bumpers on a bar but luckily we have some 25kilo competition plates at my gym that are quite narrow. I'll usually throw those on first when deadlifting heavy.

Eden, absolutely amazing strength. I could legitimately deadlift with you.
                    Last edited by JimmyDamage; 12-03-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

You guys are all monsters. Edenn, bad azz!

My DL training was sporadic for awhile due to lower back problems, which appear to be resolved, at least for the time being. At the end of a 4 week mesocycle, I managed to pull 370 for a triple. That was a month ago, and I haven't pulled since. I think it was prudent to take a break. Preferentially, I've been concentrating on the squat.

I bought my first smartphone midway through the fall semester. When I have time, I'll have my seventeen year old show me how to use the camera/video feature. Maybe then I can post up something of interest.

Great idea for a thread.
                      Ht: 5'8"
                      Wt: 166
                      BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

Awesome stuff folks.

My post surgery PRs are increasing daily. Last Fridayd was struggling with a large mug of coffee, but Sunday i could handle a 2L bottle of milk and as of today I'm up to nearly 10kg I reckon

The surgeon says 4 to 6 weeks before i should try much of anything more strenuous than walking or stationary cycling though, so weights, KB training and rolling at bjj is going to have wait
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

My phone was a bit sideways, sorry about that.

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

You made that look easy, Jefferson.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                              My phone was a bit sideways, sorry about that.

How much was that? Whatever it was, it was way too easy for you! Great work!

Comment

Working...
                              X