Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fury22 View Post
    Seriously $30 for 2 lbs is robbery.

Recovery wise, I do a lot of stretching and active rest (walking or jogging) and usually a good bit of doing nothing in the evenings. I take a few supps, beta-alanine 2-3x throughout the day and eat a lot. Then again I train a lot more though (5 days per week, sometimes 6, 2-2.5hrs per session average).
    Not really where i live it was a pretty fair price i was looking at anywhere from $70 to $90 at the "health food" store i have in my dinky little town and those were one pound containers loaded with sugars, I will check out bodybuilding.com i just needed something shorterm that i could find locally till i could locate something cheaper on the web.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyMite View Post
      Foam rolling right after working out.

www.robertsontrainingsystems.com/downloads/SMR-manual.pdf
      +1. it makes a world of difference.
      sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

Originally posted by rabbidchicken69 View Post
        Not really where i live it was a pretty fair price i was looking at anywhere from $70 to $90 at the "health food" store i have in my dinky little town and those were one pound containers loaded with sugars, I will check out bodybuilding.com i just needed something shorterm that i could find locally till i could locate something cheaper on the web.
        Where do you live?? $30 is ridiculous anywhere. Most vitamin shoppes or vitamin worlds have 2 lbs for ~$20 range, sometimes less if there is a sale (2 for 1, buy 2 one half off).

Bodybuilding.com and DPS nutrition are really good.

I stay away from Supplement Warehouse. I've heard too much about people's card info getting stolen through buying there. Bodybuilding.com and DPS are awesome. Bodybuilding.com's shipping is usually VERY fast too.
        Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Glutamine didn't do absolutely anything for me, and many people report similar results. Save your money!
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Give the ice bath a shot by starting with a cold water bath. It inly takes about 30 seconds to acclimate, then you can eventually start using 1 bag of ice, then 2 and that should be about enough. I thought the same "I could never do that" until I tried it and it wasn't hard at all. It is just like many other things here in PB...once we let go of our previous beliefs towards something, then it begomes much easier.

Personal example: I never wanted to be a father. My wife 'convinced me' to consider it and we eventually (after 3 years) had beautiful twin girls. Now, I couldn't imagine living without them. if you don't like the cold bath, then try a cold shower first. There is always a modification.

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
              Glutamine didn't do absolutely anything for me, and many people report similar results. Save your money!
              Agreed.

Glutamine is a waste.
              Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Glutamine is better for immunity. If I ever feel the sniffles or anything coming on (like once a year maybe ha) I'll take glutamine/Vit C/ Omega 3s.
                sigpic
                In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Working...
                X