Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Good job man!

Careful....deadlifts are like the marijuana of strength training. They be a gateway drug . Next thing you know your doing 5x5 on all the big lifts! Seriously. A slippery slope man.
    Yeah, it's too late for him now. He's already chasing that PR High.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      He's a 200 or 205 guy if I have my facts straight. But yeah, if he wants 600, I think he can have it. 500 with no doubt.
      Yeah right around 200 at the moment.

Comment

I might add 5 more lbs tonight, just because...:-X

Comment

600 isn't out of the question at all at 200lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            600 isn't out of the question at all at 200lbs.
            I'm still chasing triple bodyweight. Currently for me at ~170 that would be 510lbs. I got up to 405 without too much trouble, but going higher than that hasn't happened...yet :-)

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
              I'm still chasing triple bodyweight. Currently for me at ~170 that would be 510lbs. I got up to 405 without too much trouble, but going higher than that hasn't happened...yet :-)
              Nice job. Triple bodyweight is a pretty solid achievement. You'll get there. I never pulled triple bodyweight and I'll probably never try. At 168, I pulled 415 at my best. I was just young and strong and had no idea how to train at all. I had a guy show me how to deadlift and I just threw weight on a bar every once in a while and banged out sets of deads. I had no idea what starting strength, texas method, 5/3/1 or anything else was back then. I just did sets of whatever I could. If I only knew then what I know now.... I guess we can say that about pretty much everything in life though
              Last edited by not on the rug; 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Anyone ever seen Martin Berkhan's deadlift? Look at the freakin' speed on the first lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX94eA2zrA

Comment

Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                  Anyone ever seen Martin Berkhan's deadlift? Look at the freakin' speed on the first lift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAX94eA2zrA
                  Rounding the back doesn't seem to worry him either !

Comment

He's gonna end up in a wheelchair lifting like that. My spine is crying just thinking about that

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                      He's gonna end up in a wheelchair lifting like that. My spine is crying just thinking about that
                      I gotta agree. I was getting ready to come to Martin's defense, thinking maybe he was just rounding the upper back, but it looks to me like he's rounding the lumbar spine as well. Plus the way he jerks it off the floor. Just doesn't look safe to me. I think he just reallly wanted to set a PR and did whatever he had to in order to set it.

Comment

I've been at it for about a month now. Did 240 this week. How much have you been going up each week and what is your DL schedule like?

I've been adding weight on Sunday, like 20 pounds over previous week, then through out the week I do 2 days of lighter DLs ending in maybe 2-3 reps at the new weight.
                        Find me on Facebook!

Comment

You amaze me! Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                            I've been at it for about a month now. Did 240 this week. How much have you been going up each week and what is your DL schedule like?

I've been adding weight on Sunday, like 20 pounds over previous week, then through out the week I do 2 days of lighter DLs ending in maybe 2-3 reps at the new weight.
                            I always hit them on my first training day and first thing in that session. I do a few warm up reps starting with just the bar then 2 plates, 4 plates, 6 plates then finally I go for a one rep max. I then finish with maybe two or three sets of 4-6 reps.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                              I always hit them on my first training day and first thing in that session. I do a few warm up reps starting with just the bar then 2 plates, 4 plates, 6 plates then finally I go for a one rep max. I then finish with maybe two or three sets of 4-6 reps.
                              You must be pretty durable. Deadlifts always destroy me, so I need to do them last.
                              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

I dedicate a separate day to them because I don't want to be tired from squats or presses before my deadlifts.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X