insmonia after workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insmonia after workout

i always have a issue with sleeping ( deprivation-insomnia ) the day when i workout any type of intense workout like crossfit ,I thought I might be over training, so I took two weeks off to rest, but the same came right back when I started up again , i generally do my workout at 6 pm and i also tried to workout earlier in the morning but the same happened ..! anyone help me

update : i am male 24 , i dont think its a glycogen delpletion beacuse i may do 50 squat and same happens ( i dont think 50 squats would deplet glycogen ).!!!!

When you are actually asleep, your sleep cycle results in cortisone eventually being released to wake you up.

Intense exercise gives cortisone a momentary bump. It's quite logical that it would interfere with getting to sleep if it's in the evening..

Crossfit is needlessly intense, and therefore gives you a needlessly pronounced and prolonged cortisone bump.

Don't do crossfit.

I realize you may not like that answer.

There are other explanations for insomnia, but this one is exercise related.

Comment

i know crossfit is super intense , but if u didnt see ,, i said i i may do 50 squat and the same happend !!

Comment

And I said there are other explanations for insomnia!

Comment

I always work out in the morning. When I'd workout or run in the afternoon, my sleep sucked. I don't know the physiological explanation or it, nor do I care. Working out late in the day will ruin sleep...period.

Comment

i tried this but no result , still morning workout effect my sleep i dont know how , yesterday i workout in morning for just 10 minutes , and i slept like this ( 2 hours , awake , 3 hours , awake , 1 hr , 1 hr , 1 hr , that makes me so exhausting now and i cant workout !!!!!

Comment

Your workout probably revs you up too much to allow you to sleep. Maybe you should work out in the morning.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

To be fair he has said (twice) that he's tried training in the morning, with no benefit to the sleep issue

Comment

yes , i said that !!

Comment

my diet is good , and i eat super healthy 5 meals ( carbs .protein .fats ) i dont follow a strict diet , but i eat alot of healthy stuff and also a huge meal after training , i work as a 3D artist in a company ,my work starts 12 pm , i wake up at 11 am , go to sleep around 2.30 or 3 midnight

Comment

Do you also do caffeine? The combination with exercise might be sustaining your cortisone levels.

Comment

I dont drink any coffee or tea ..

Comment

Working...
                        X