Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take you to do a workout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take you to do a workout?

I noticed that now that I DIY and go in the morning, that I get my workout in fast. This morning took about 50 minutes and included:
    3 sets of 5 deadlifts at 65% max, with some warm up sets
    3x10 hip thrusters
    3x12 abductions
    3x 12 back extensions with 3x12 abs

I feel like I don't rest much at all and just keep moving; I noticed at times I huff and puff a bit, which never happened when I was more chatty/social/working with a partner. Anything wrong with moving thru strength training at a good clip? My goal is more about getting a nice ass and fat burning than lifting huge amounts of weights.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

90 minutes or so 3x a week, but my goals are different (max strength).

You're already pretty strong. If you're happy with your strength, nothing wrong with compromising a little intensity for the sake of density.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It takes about 40 minutes to an hour, 3 days per week, depending on what workout it is and how lazy I'm feeling.

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Anything wrong with moving thru strength training at a good clip? My goal is more about getting a nice ass and fat burning than lifting huge amounts of weights.
      There's nothing wrong with that.
      In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

I started at 60 minutes twice a week, but it has already crept up to 75-80 minutes.

My problem is that I keep on finding too new things to try - mostly ideas from this forum :-)

Edit:

In addition to "workouts" in the gym I also do:

- bicycle commute to work (55 miles/4.5 hr./week)
        - weekend riding (6 hours) 80% social
        - sprinting - 20 minutes
        - 4-5 hours/wk of walking

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        Last edited by miata; 03-21-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

I'm going to have to learn to take more rest time. I usually do like a minute max between sets....also use a lot of supersets and drop sets and such. I use to get my work done in less than a half hour, but I expect this is about to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            I'm going to have to learn to take more rest time. I usually do like a minute max between sets....also use a lot of supersets and drop sets and such. I use to get my work done in less than a half hour, but I expect this is about to change.
            I blaze through 5/3/1 pretty quick, since the final set is the "real" workset. It's a lot quicker for me than 5's across, where I was resting as long as 9-10 minutes between squat sets.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

It depends on what I am doing. Today I did only squats. It took me about 25 minutes. I had one fail, which because it required me to unload the bar and load it back up again added about 5 minutes.

Other days I will do two main lifts. Then it will take around 45 minutes. If I have additional time to kill, I'll add some other stuff so I don't have to go to work early.

If I go in around the lunch hour, I have to add about 20 minutes for waiting in line to use the squat rack/floor space. They gym SUCKS about squat racks and floor space.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Erm.... a minute?

one set of 4-8 reps (currently just squats but gonna switch in some deads and weighted dips for fun)

To be fair, my friend/trainer loads and unloads when i'm not there so i can whip in during my lunch break

Comment

I usually try to be out of the gym in an hour or less. Right now, Monday (volume day) takes a full hour, even cutting my rest time as short as I can. Wednesday recovery workout usually gets banged out in a half hour. Friday (5 rep max day) is about 45 minutes.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

nowadays, 45 minutes to an hour. long gone are the days of 90 minute to 2 hour workouts in the gym. 4 different exercises for each bodypart, endless sets, etc...

Comment

15 minutes.
                      Run 4 min. 20 pushups. 10 pullups. 20 squats. 10 dips. Repeat all the above. Run 4 min. No resting.

Other days: deadlift, overhead press, lunges, seated row.

I am mainly just trying to stay fit and maintain lean muscle mass.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

You do deadlifts, overhead press, lunges, and rows in 15 minutes? My deadlift warm-up takes 15 minutes.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I am not lifting very heavy, just 100 lb dumbell in each hand for the dead lifts. 12 of the 15 minutes is running and the other 3 is going through the lifts pretty fast in a circuit. I have seen pretty good conditioning improvements.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

20 minutes, pretty random at work when I get a chance.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yeah but look at Randy Giant-Legs and his 2 hours of leg-slaying, time-under-tension insanity on youtube. Don't you want to be big, strong and reeling from the pain like him?
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X