How to make myself sweat more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make myself sweat more?

Please share your exercise and how to get sweat more.

Sauna

Comment

Originally posted by romehyper View Post
      If you have difficulty sweating, then you are very likely to be deficient in iodine. Iodine is required for optimal health and skin requires iodine just as much as the thyroid & other organs.

Consequences of Iodine Deficiency
      20% of all iodine in the human body is stored in the skin, specifically in the sweat glands. Lack of iodine in the sweat glands manifests as dry skin with a decreased ability to sweat.... Iodine is concentrated in the lacrymal glands of the eye, and a lack of iodine can cause dry eyes. Iodine can also be concentrated in the parotid and submandibular glands of the mouth, and iodine deficiency here can result in dry mouth. Iodine can also be concentrated in the stomach tissue, and the lack of iodine in the stomach manifests as achlorhydria (lack of digestive acid production). Iodine is used by the stomach cells, also known as parietal cells, to concentrate chloride which is necessary to produce hydrochloric acid (digestive acid). With the prolonged presence of achlorhydria, there is a much higher incidence of stomach cancer. Much more here:
      Consequences of Iodine Deficiency | Real Raw Food
      How to supplement with iodine:
      http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Iodine cures Prostate Problems (with testimonials)
      http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Cures-Prostate

Grizz

Comment

Why do you want to sweat more?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
          If you have difficulty sweating, then you are very likely to be deficient in iodine. Iodine is required for optimal health and skin requires iodine just as much as the thyroid & other organs.

How to supplement with iodine:
          http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Iodine cures Prostate Problems (with testimonials)
          http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Cures-Prostate

Grizz
          Wow! Is there anything iodine won't fix?
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

My wife just bumped our car (again) I'll stick some iodine in the fuel tank.
            I have read that lack of sweating is related to nutrient deficiency and it may well be iodine...time for a googlequest methinks
            Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
            www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Comment

I'll stick some iodine in the fuel tank.

Comment

Originally posted by romehyper View Post
                  Have sex. Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by M!chael View Post
                    Sauna
                    +1.... I try to get in at least 3x/week. Usually for 2-3 15 minute sessions with a contrast cold shower between em.

Comment

How to make myself sweat more?

So since going high carb I am always sweating ... Aka much higher body temp.

Anyway...currently my exercise routine is this:
                      -lift 2-3x a week
                      -elliptical LISS about 3-7 hours a week, depending on law school/photoshoots/etc. This is also accessory work for my legs... The best legs workout really when the resistance is set high.
                      -walk to different grocery stores (tj's, veggies/fruit grocer, farmer's market, butcher shop, key foods, middle eastern tea/spices shop, etc) at least 3-4x a week. I try to make numerous trips to up the walking.
                      -walk to/from school, walk everywhere basically. Thank you NYC. On photoshoot days I am constantly moving around for 5-9 hours.
                      -I want to dance more but currently no time. I might join Zumba at my gym but maybe that is too much cardio.
                      Last edited by turquoisepassion; 01-15-2014, 09:02 AM.
                      ------
                      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

hot yoga!

Comment

I pride myself on my lack of sweating. I do my lifting wearing the shirt I wear to work. I only change into exercise pants. I don't sweat at all unless for some reason the environmental controls in the gym went haywire.

When I go for a hike I barely break a sweat unless it's a humid day. I feel sorry for people who sweat heavily. They have to drink a lot of water, and if they're backpacking in the desert, they have to carry a lot of water. Water is heavy. I can hike 20+ miles in the desert in a day and carry only 3 liters of water for drinking and cooking for the day. That plus whatever I was able to store in my belly at the water source.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I've found the more fit I get, the more I sweat. Also, the more water I drink, the more I sweat. When I'm working out, if there's a break I'll swig some water and almost immediately I will start pouring sweat.
                            High Weight: 225
                            Weight at start of Primal: 189
                            Current Weight: 174
                            Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Working...
                            X