No announcement yet.

Sprints= pulled hamstring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: three weeks after the injury, i did some light sprints yesterday on the field...started at 25 % and worked up to about 50% max. didn't wont to over do it and risk re-injury. didn't feel any strain or stress in my hamstring. it's great to be able to get back into my sprints.

i started our workout with a 3/4 mile jog (warm up) through the trail behind the football field. as many said in this thread...warm ups are essential! i'm wearing a neoprene sleeve for my thigh now during workouts. the compression seems to help.
    "There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind; this I've come to know" ZBB

Comment

I'm a little late to this thread but I'd like to throw a suggestion your way: Try some glute activation exercises as part of your warm up (http://stronglifts.com/how-to-optimi...te-activation/). Its very common to have problems with proper use of our biggest prime movers -- its the curse of sitting all day!

Comment

Hey Trok, good to hear you're healing fast.

Comment

I appreciate that Godzilla. i did a second workout this morning...just a few 50% sprints and felt fine.

Upnorth: thanks for the link. i'll try those. about two months ago i built a standing work station for my desk at school. i took an old desk that was being trashed and built a frame and mounted it to my existing desk. i love it. my kids don't know what to think.
          "There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind; this I've come to know" ZBB

Comment

Originally posted by Trok View Post
            Upnorth: thanks for the link. i'll try those. about two months ago i built a standing work station for my desk at school. i took an old desk that was being trashed and built a frame and mounted it to my existing desk. i love it. my kids don't know what to think.
            That's awesome -- I love my stand-up desk too. And thank you for being a teacher! Most important and least compensated job in the world.

Comment

Working...
            X