wtf Planet Fitness ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf Planet Fitness ads

OK, for sure, I will never work out there. You show a couple of eye candy guys and cross them out, then an unfit annoying guy on a cell phone and cross him out, then point out a skinny woman with no real muscle and let people know that there are plenty of skinny women hanging out on machines.

I guess the point is it's a gym full of skinny, non-muscular women with none of those pesky guys with muscles to compete with.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

It's better than sitting on a couch all day.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mags, just for you I'm going to start a line of gyms called Planet Awesome, where weights are mandatory. And I'll work out shirtless every day at our flagship location.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

I just saw that and wondered if I saw it right. It looked like they were saying it was the place to go if you wanted to get on a cardio machine and laugh or exert absolutely no effort on a weight machine. I couldn't believe that is what they were promoting.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksson View Post
          I just saw that and wondered if I saw it right. It looked like they were saying it was the place to go if you wanted to get on a cardio machine and laugh or exert absolutely no effort on a weight machine. I couldn't believe that is what they were promoting.

They are promoting that they don't allow cell phones so you don't have to worry about hearing some idiot's conversation or him taking video of you, promoting that you don't have to worry about some gorilla grunting and sitting around flexing all day leering at you.
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Mags, just for you I'm going to start a line of gyms called Planet Awesome, where weights are mandatory. And I'll work out shirtless every day at our flagship location.

Sent via lightsaber
            Signing up if you promise to keep your promise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I guess the point is it's a gym full of skinny, non-muscular women with none of those pesky guys with muscles to compete with.
              I thought the point of paying for ad space was to make people want your product?.....

I mean unless there saying theres lots of skinny women I can use as weights..? I'm not seeing the draw....
              Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I signed up. But I'm almost 50 and still have some pudge. I'm more their market than the average 20-something crossfitter, to be honest.

I don't think they're going for anti-fitness, I think they're trying to appeal to people who get tired of guys that spend 4 hours just hanging out at the free weights showing off to each other, or Barbies that go to the gym in next to nothing to be seen by the guys hanging out at the free weights for 4 hours. That drives me nuts and makes me not want to go. I'm not there to be seen, I'm there to work out.

They're shooting for a gym without the gym fanatic culture that is intimidating or annoying to many people.

And it's only $10 per month (or at least that's the deal I got).
                Durp.

Comment

In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                    They are promoting that they don't allow cell phones so you don't have to worry about hearing some idiot's conversation or him taking video of you, promoting that you don't have to worry about some gorilla grunting and sitting around flexing all day leering at you.
                    This is EXACTLY why I like going to Planet Fitness. I have 2 gym memberships- PF, and another gym that's really close to my apartment. I hate going to the other gym, but sometimes I don't have time to drive to PF. Of the two, I definitely feel more at home, and confident at PF, and tend to have a FAR better workout. Even if it's simply for the fact that I don't have to deal with the arrogant bastards in the weight section.

FWIW, both gyms have their elliptical bunnies. They can do what they want. Not my problem.

Comment

I think my beard alone would set off the lunk alarm.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

They could have done a better job making the lunks look like assholes or something. The guys in the commercial were not exactly meat heads.....

My old gym had lunks,they were nice guys, mostly into themselves, LOL.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Uh-oh, as a 53 year old CrossFitter I have been known to grunt a time or two...guess it's a good thing I don't go to PF
                          😊
                          Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
                          ~ Dr G & Barb ~

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                            I'm sure there intent is to portray an atmosphere thatisnt intimidation. Which is good for people who don't like the typical gym. Which also means they are more likely to sign up, pay their money and not come to the gym. Perfect business model. And for those who do show up I'm sure they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksson View Post
                              I'm sure there intent is to portray an atmosphere thatisnt intimidation. Which is good for people who don't like the typical gym. Which also means they are more likely to sign up, pay their money and not come to the gym. Perfect business model. And for those who do show up I'm sure they like it.

Whatever they are promoting it works. I went to one for a year, it was the opposite way of the house from work though and was super annoying sitting in the rush hour traffic a few miles extra each way... but that thing had maybe 15 treadmills, 15 ellipticals and then everything else and I don't think I ever saw less than 30 people in there any time of the day. From what I hear from a co-worker they've even extended their hours considerably and are pretty much always busy and opened a second one not 5 miles away.
                              -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Working...
                              X