Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting fat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cutting fat

    I need to lean out a bit for some upcoming photo shoots and I'm not sure the best way to go about doing this. Currently I'm lifting weights 3x a week, but I haven't been watching my nutrition very well so I haven't had any body composition changes. I feel like I've bulked up a lot and have built quite a bit of muscle, I just need to cut some of the extra fat I'm carrying around on my body, but I have no idea how to go about this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

  • #2
    I don't know that anyone will be able to help you without a comprehensive series of pictures. For science.

    Sent via lightsaber

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
      I don't know that anyone will be able to help you without a comprehensive series of pictures. For science.

      Sent via lightsaber
      the perv game is strong in this one...

      I like the way you think

      Comment


      • #4
        My main tip is don't have any carbs for breakfast !

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
          My main tip is don't have any carbs for breakfast !
          also meaning no fruits? even any of the "good" with low GI value?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gergirl View Post
            also meaning no fruits? even any of the "good" with low GI value?
            I'm sure a little low GI fruits would be okay.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
              I'm sure a little low GI fruits would be okay.

              Should she take lots of steroid injections too? :-P
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • #8
                low carb or no carb????

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                  low carb or no carb????
                  No carb is very, very hard to do. Most people who say they don't eat carbohydrates are unfamiliar with the actual macronutrient breakdown of their food. Most vegetables contain a decent amount of carbohydrates and a large egg contains about 1g.
                  The Champagne of Beards

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    No carb is very, very hard to do. Most people who say they don't eat carbohydrates are unfamiliar with the actual macronutrient breakdown of their food. Most vegetables contain a decent amount of carbohydrates and a large egg contains about 1g.
                    jepp, there's a concept called carb100. think quite similar to pb...100g of carbs/ day, but you can "use" them when you want...I eat them mostly after working out, but really "need" a small apple combined with protein and fat for breakfast. hat would be my carbs then in the morning. Hard to not eat them at that time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                      jepp, there's a concept called carb100. think quite similar to pb...100g of carbs/ day, but you can "use" them when you want...I eat them mostly after working out, but really "need" a small apple combined with protein and fat for breakfast. hat would be my carbs then in the morning. Hard to not eat them at that time.
                      Yeah, some people around here would call 100g "low" carb, some would call it "moderate." But it's nowhere close to 0 carb.
                      The Champagne of Beards

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Something worth a try would be to first make sure you are in ketosis and then go on a crash low carb - low fat - low calorie diet for a couple days or more.. eating dry baked chicken breast, chunk light tuna in water - yucky stuff like that.. Should help maintain muscle and rip through fat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Yeah, some people around here would call 100g "low" carb, some would call it "moderate." But it's nowhere close to 0 carb.
                          I think no carb doesn't really fit in with active people, lifting weights, HIITing regularly. In this case, I do believe in carbs in moderation!At least from my experience, just feel better, sleep better, don't feel cold so fast. Fat burns in the fire of carbs, as a famous german sports doctor says

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            I don't know that anyone will be able to help you without a comprehensive series of pictures. For science.

                            Sent via lightsaber
                            This is where the biosignature course would come in handy! With photos we could figure out what supplements would work best. Either way definitely photos would help.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My experience with Leangains-style eating is that it is pretty effective for burning fat, even with going high carb on workout days. I cut down about 10 pounds last year while eating about 275g carbs on my workout days, three days per week. My rest days I would keep it around 50-75g. The main thing is being in a caloric deficit, keeping protein at about 1g per pound bodyweight, and lifting heavy.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X