Creative ideas for play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative ideas for play?

So with the concept of play being just fun active activities what are some good ideas that are solo oriented? Most of my friends are very inactive people and my work schedule isn't conducive to joining a sports league. I live in the middle of a city so hiking is rather difficult for me.

Aside from leisure bike riding and going "primal" on the jungle gyms at the local parks, what are some creative ideas for play?

I thought parkour looked pretty fun, but I'd rather work with someone experienced before jumping in myself.

I'm still a bit shy on play. My husband and I chase each other around, wrestle, and tickle each other damn near every night, but without him my play dwindles to crashing out on the couch when I get home.
    I know that I've gotten out and started exploring my neighborhood, making a wider pass each time I do. Exploring each overhanging tree, each walkable wall, hopped over each crack, etc. I know I've started taking passels of neighborhood kids to the park for an hour at a time. I know I've played Frisbee with the neighborhood dogs that know how.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

Some alone some with others

Kite flying
      frisbee (or disc golf)
      easy bicylce riding on a greenway
      bouncing on mini-trampoline
      a treading water contest (yep, need a pool or lake)
      walking through a festival or farmer's market
      wall climbing at a climbing center
      dancing (at home or in public)
      throwing darts
      shooting pool
      create a hill climbing route in a section of your city
      badmitten
      ping pong
      wobble board
      slackline (between 2 trees; low to the ground!)
      play catch
      learn to juggle
      learn hacky sack!
      sack race

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Goddess View Post
        Kite flying
        frisbee (or disc golf)
        easy bicylce riding on a greenway
        bouncing on mini-trampoline
        a treading water contest (yep, need a pool or lake)
        walking through a festival or farmer's market
        wall climbing at a climbing center
        dancing (at home or in public)
        throwing darts
        shooting pool
        create a hill climbing route in a section of your city
        badmitten
        ping pong
        wobble board
        slackline (between 2 trees; low to the ground!)
        play catch
        learn to juggle
        learn hacky sack!
        sack race
        oooh I like this list. I would look a bit silly sack racing by myself, but hell I get ridiculed for being a caveman anyway I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a video of some guys treading water and they were sprinting 15-20 yards ON TOP of the water. It was amazing, I had no idea it could be done.

Comment

Putt Putt (we look for courses anytime we travel)
          tour a zoo
          air hockey
          hula hooping
          hand drumming

You can find like-minded people/clubs at Meetup.com

Comment

I do about an hour of paddle boarding in the harbor.... just in my trunks. Rocks!

Comment

Roller skating (at a skating rink)
              Laser Tag (you don't need a team to do this)
              Paint Ball Tag
              Gardening or guerilla gardening (plant an edible plant of gov. property or unkept lots - tend to it regularly)

We Grokers get strange looks all the time, and we are proud of it!
              I race myself all the time

Comment

Ah, another thing that could count as a workout I guess. Try 30 minutes of racquetball at the gym.

Comment

Since you specified solo, I'm gonna go with something that I'd be too embarrassed to do in front of people. I've been toying with the idea of restringing my guitar and "rocking out" Angus Young style.

Comment

Find some bored-looking person on the street wearing sneakers, walk up with a big smile, poke them and say "Tag! You're it!" and run.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

My new favorite, While shooting basketball. If you miss your shot sprint to the ball, if you make your shot walk to the ball. Works best if you try for the shots you know there is a good chance you will miss
                      Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Working...
                      X