X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting rid of belly fat?

Guys? Girls?
    How do I get rid of belly fat?

I have been eating primal for 3 months now. (20/80 due to the fact that I can't seem to find all proper ingredients but it's getting better each day)
    I'm eating like this:
    Breakfast: 2 or 3 egg omelet with bacon and mozzarella (when I have it at home) and sometimes some sort of veggie/ or I eat left over meat (around 100 grams) with carrots or cucumber
    Lunch: Either leftovers or BAS with meat and sometimes nuts in it.
    Dinner: Meat baked in coconut oil, vegetables, 2 times a week I eat sweet potatoes and 1 a week I eat brown or white rice.

I snack on dark chocolate and dried fruits

(my calorie intake is on average 1800kcal)

My exercise isn't really regularly but it's like this:
    1 or 2 times a week I play an hour tennis.
    1 or 2 times a week I do body weight training. (2x 20 seconds knee to hand plank, 2 times 15 wall push ups, 3 or 4 times 10 squats.
    I try to walk at least 2 hours a week but I do count my 20 minutes walk to work in that as well.

After 3 months I haven't lost much weight, only 2 pound but I can see that I'm gaining muscle in my arms and legs. I can also see that I'm loosing weight in my neck and my legs.

but sadly my bell stays the same shape (except the bloating is gone)...

I'm 169cm and weigh 77kilo.

Any thoughts on it? do you have tips on loosing my belly fat quicker?
    My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Hi MarielleGO,
    I would say that you should try to do more intense exercises. I'm not a professional!! Just trying new things and avoid boredom, keeping my current weight. I'm rather looking for beig lean than bulking up.
    I do Vinyasa Yoga 1/week
    Cardio 1-2/week (mostly to recover, biking and walking)
    Exercises by Mark Lauren (You are your own Gym)
    I like the worouts by Jillian Micheals, you can focus on different areas of your body, but there are always multiple muscles involved or you pick a whole body workout right from the start.
    I do a good stretch after every workout and try to be active during the day.
    I use dumbbels and tubes or just my bodyweight.
    1-2/week I eat more than my average calorie intake (+500) and one day less (-800). I try to eat too late at night to get a good sleep.
    I do eat carbs like I feel.
    I do not know if this helps you out...Some will surely say this is not a programme/plan...but this is what works for me.
    Open for suggestions to improve

Comment

I suggest cutting back on the rice and dried fruits for a while longer, and upping the exercise a little more. Build on the weights work, and incorporate a sprint session.

Good luck.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

HIIT is your friend for belly fat. Do sprints 2x a week.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

When "burning" fat, we lose it all over; for a lot of people, abdominal fat is the last to go. Hang in there--sounds like you're making some great progress with the muscle gain and fat loss
          Salube Up! - SalubriousU

Comment

Im seeing good results from doing Convict Conditioning abdominal and iron spine exercises

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Comment

Heavy lifting, years of discipline and good habits, and sprinting.

You didn't get that belly in 3 months; it's not going away in 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                HIIT is your friend for belly fat. Do sprints 2x a week.
                Noob to exercise, what's HIIT?

Comment

high intensity interval training...run 5 minutes, walk 5 minutes, etc. It shreds fat
                  Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions.
                    Turquoise, you are right of course, the belly fat has been there since I was 13... I blame my grandma for making 3 pancakes every morning for me!
                    It's just very discouraging when you have been very strict on your diet and have only lost 2 pounds in 3 months... Though I see results in other area which makes me very happy.

I'm going to look up the suggested exercise maybe I can work with that
                    My story, My thought....

Comment

its actually very easy to understand, but equally hard to do it. eat less (compared to your food intake that lets you be weight stable) to lose weight, eat more to gain it. everything else, like what trainig you do and your macro and micro nutrient uptake is not really important for weight management, but may affect overall health and body composition. if you want to lose fat instead of muscle, do heavy lifting. if you want to stay healthy, eat paleo.

Comment

The leanest people I know tend to just eat fish, veggies and fruit... Maybe some gluten free grains. Just saying tons of fat on paleo doesn't seem to work for girls who want to get below 20% bf.

------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

The leanest people I know tend to just eat fish, veggies and fruit... Maybe some gluten free grains. Just saying tons of fat on paleo doesn't seem to work for girls who want to get below 20% bf.
                          Yeah, most people without belly fat eat with a lot of care. My coach eats VLC and IF's, you can see his abs. He does go high on fat, but carbs are very, very low. There are also women at the gym who follow this plan and look great and again, lots of fat but no carbs. No fruit, chocolate, wine here or there. It's months of a strict diet; paleo/primal= not strict. The other women I know that look amazeballs eat like what Turquoise mentioned, carbs and lean protein. Plus they do a hell of a lot of working out, with a mix of HIIT, weights and cardio. The women with 6 packs at my gym are 6 day a week crossfitters and have been for a while.

Like it or not, women are not meant to be ripped and you will likely have some fat to store, and a lot depends on where you store it. Getting rid of a belly is going to take more than 3 months of light effort.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

I really don't want a 6-pack either... the only place for a 6-pack is in the fridge!!!
                            I also don't want to go on a very low carb diet. I'm managing around the 90 or 100 grams of carbs a day on average. So according to Mark's PB I'm in that sweet spot most of the time.
                            I also don't have much belly fat to loose but it would be nice to loose around an inch. just to get it flattened a bit.
                            My story, My thought....

Comment

Can I make a shirt that says... "I have a 6-pack. It is in the fridge."?

Someone got me a shirt once that said "I am in shape. Round is a shape. " ;(

------

Comment

Working...
                              X