Are Big Muscles passť ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Looks don't have much to do with it other than a height requirement because I am tall. Intelligence is the single most important factor for me. Morals are a close second. I have dumped guys for lacking in either. I would also like the guy not to be a deadbeat but that is because then he wouldn't understand why I am always doing work. Laziness pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by turquoisepassion; 10-29-2013, 03:30 PM.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      If only I had room in my sig......
      Dont you even think about deleting mine

i havent recovered from the last time
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

As for the OP I never wanted to be Conan. I always competed (from 1st grade) as a wrestler. As such I was always far more interest in being very strong and remaining the same weight.... so my hero's were guys like John Smith the master of the low leg single. Oh, we would hit the weight room just as hard as any roided out freak, but we wouldn't slam milk shakes and bananas afterward. It was 100% strength training and recomp. I got introduced to a program of doing 3 sets of 6 at a young age by an article in USA Wrestling magazine..... at the 125lb weight class I ended my senior year 33-1 in much part due to all the work in the weight room.... able to bench twice my weight and my pull work was sick... I'd even learned to do some leg work by then ....still didn't know how to deadlift at that point unfortunately. Guess my point is that size isn't always the goal for the weight room. I have weighed up to 175lbs and well muscled, but I felt bloated and slow. At 160 I feel more able to control my own body and move with better speed and agility. But, yeah I've spent most my life at under 150lbs so that could just be my comfort zone rather than reality.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-29-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          Dont you even think about deleting mine

i havent recovered from the last time
          Made it.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            But in real life, I would end up with a guy who took me out to nice restaurants now and then, held the door open for me, fixed the plumbing and my car, cleaned up the bird room, did the dishes, said nice things to me, wanted to go on adventures with me and if I'm lucky, have a good beard.
            Those are actually some damn high standards...... lost me at plumbing and clean up the bird room..... the rest I do accomplish. Course I can call a plumber and hire a maid for the bird room .

Comment

I was just impressed that Mr. A has what appears to be hand soap at the sink. Swoon...

Otherwise, what Turq said...
              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Those are actually some damn high standards...... lost me at plumbing and clean up the bird room..... the rest I do accomplish. Course I can call a plumber and hire a maid for the bird room .
                And what's wrong with high standards again?

------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I honestly do not get it why anyone who can grow big muscles won't. It is a great look, and the only look that screams: Physically Fit! But that's just me, who can't grow nice visible muscle. Also, I must add that I spent most of my life (since <6 yo) going to the pool at least on the weekly basis (and on the dial for a lot of time), so I have more of an exposure to bodies not draped into protective/masking layers of clothes. Skinny guys and gals might look dapper in clothes, but in the pool nothing beats muscular and lean.
                  Last edited by Leida; 10-30-2013, 08:42 AM.
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                  When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                    I honestly do not get it why anyone who can grow big muscles won't. It is a great look, and the only look that screams: Physically Fit! But that's just me, who can't grow nice visible muscle.
                    I like your attitude, young lady.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      Calling the plumber is fine, especially if you call AND you wait for him AND you pay for him. If you hired me a maid that would be awesome! Hell, sometimes I think maybe even a roomba would make a big difference.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        This guy is better than the other one I posted - a little more body fat:

Oh yum. I like this body type.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                          Bring back the 50's, a time when the men and women who worked out all looked healthy and great !

My grandma ...
                          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                            And what's wrong with high standards again?
                            The secret to happiness is low expectations
                            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                              The secret to happiness is low expectations
                              Lol. Then I must be the unhappiest person in the world. Very high expectation of self and expect at least 50% as much from the guy I date...

------

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                                My grandma ...
                                She looked great !

Comment

Working...
                                X