No announcement yet.

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our culture I think it's a sign of good health to look/be lean and strong. It's also a sort of fun hobby and a good way to get the ants out of our pants. The physical rush, the challenges, the numbers, changes and progress; it's all somewhat fulfilling in an otherwise dull sentence. I also find physical exertion keeps the crazy at bay a bit.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Justin Beiber isn't my cup if tea but he's not skinny. Has pecks, abs, defined arms....

Comment

You can attribute the rise of Orlando Bloom type actors to the pill. Ovulating women like masculine men to impregnate them with sexy babies. Non-ovulating women go for softer more nurturing looking guys who will be nice. Women's sexual interests across the ovulatory cycle depend on primary partner developmental instability
        Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
        www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

PERHAPS: Women think that bulky men spend too much time in the gym are not working -> less money, little brain, maybe steroids, trying to compensate lack of....whatever?!
          Looking lean and healthy with a good amount of muscles seems to be more attractive because that shows: clean eating, healthy amount of training and not too much time at the gym?!
          Just guessing

Comment

Originally posted by Hannakb View Post
            Justin Beiber isn't my cup if tea but he's not skinny. Has pecks, abs, defined arms....
            Everyone has pecs and abs. You can see Justin Bieber's tiny little pectorals and abs and arm muscles because he's so damn skinny
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Everyone has pecs and abs. You can see Justin Bieber's tiny little pectorals and abs and arm muscles because he's so damn skinny
              Oh when everyone was saying skinny & I think someone mentioned geeks I picture "skinny fat" you know very skinny but flat, no muscles that can be seen etc.

Comment

I have found that women do not, and never DID, like the super huge look....by this I mean like Arnold or the other mutants with either a strong mix of juicy-juice or outrageous amounts of time on their hands. As a guy that has, I would imagine, dated a lot, I have heard from a lot of women that size is kind of a "U-shaped curve" for a lot of them.

In other words, be big, but not TOO big. At a certain point you start to look like a gorilla, and lose the looping walk of athleticism. As one woman I dated once said, "I like a puma, not an orangutan"

Rote SIZE is not very valuable outside of intimidating other men. For this reason a lot of women view it, rightly or wrongly, as a sign of cockiness and overcompensation....even though getting a LOT of definition, if not on the juicy, takes more work than just getting big, IMO.

I think that the size obsession itself, and the "you are as fit as your 1RM's" mentality that goes with it, is a little bubble that guys fool themselves into thinking matters.....there are few things in my life more satisfying than being across the rugby field with some overgrown hulk that thought his squat weight alone made him fitter than me, and watching me wear him into being an exhausted little girl by the end of the game.

Women like athleticism more than size. Nothing wrong with that.

And yes, today I am going to go lift 3 rep, 5 set, near max deadlift....and then swim an 800m. Need both
                "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Are Big Muscles passť ?

Bieber is stupid and has questionable morals. That basically makes him invisible to me. (Basically the same with most hulky guys... I assume they live at the gym unless I am proven wrong).

In every day life I only notice a guy if he said something that was insightful/intriguing.

Then I am like... "And he is cute too! Tall! Hmmm..."

I don't think this is the norm though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

I agree with turquoise, and if he can competently chop wood, even better!
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

If big muscles are passÍ try smaller muscles instead! Big is not always better:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Another thing:

I'm pretty vascular. Like really vascular. I love it. Particularly in the bodybuilding realm, but even when you're pushing crazy weight, and all those veins make an appearance to pump as much blood into your muscle.. Its a satisfying feeling.

I had a fantastic workout today doing multiple joint movements as well as a couple of functional isolation movements. Great pump, and feel STRONG too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post

Fantastic post. Gimmie Labrada's physique over Phil Heath ANYDAY. Although I still love late 60's to early 80's bodybuilders. When AESTHETICS reigned supreme not size.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post

Labrada was great but still had that modern day unnatural look, this is the type of physique I've always aspired to:

Last edited by OldSchhool; 10-29-2013, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I'm just following this thread hoping for pictures of nicely muscled, athletic guys.

NOT bodybuilders. Ewww.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                                I'm just following this thread hoping for pictures of nicely muscled, athletic guys.

NOT bodybuilders. Ewww.
                                So you even consider the guys I've just posted too big ?

Comment

Working...
                                X