Thinking of Joining Planet Fitness ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
    Great. I was thinking more along the lines of a fungus and not a virus but thank you for giving me more to be unreasonably worried about. I guess I can be that weirdo with Handiwipes after each exercise or just keep working on my body weight exercises.
    Think of people sweat as resistant starch for the skin . We needs to have good bacteria there as well to keep the "real" bad things at bay.

Comment

The gym I am looking at is a smaller local gym and it seems real clean but I am just a little hesitant.
      Seriously, if you are worried, wear pants and a shirt and spray the bench with sanitizer.

I'm sure there are germs all over the gym; there are germs EVERYWHERE.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post

there are germs EVERYWHERE.
        Even in your MOUTH, right NOW. And all over your keyboard!

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Toothbrush:
          Toothbrush holder yields new germ | MNN - Mother Nature Network

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Even in your MOUTH, right NOW. And all over your keyboard!

Sent via lightsaber
            But they are my germs!

I am not a total freak about them everywhere, just the gym. Not really even sure why. I have no problems with staying in hotels and you think that would freak me out more.

Comment

But they are my germs!

I am not a total freak about them everywhere, just the gym. Not really even sure why. I have no problems with staying in hotels and you think that would freak me out more.
              If in general, you aren't freaked out by germs in other places, I think you'll get used to it. Until you do, there's no shame in grabbing paper towels and spraying them with sanitizer that is available at most gyms.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                If in general, you aren't freaked out by germs in other places, I think you'll get used to it. Until you do, there's no shame in grabbing paper towels and spraying them with sanitizer that is available at most gyms.

Thanks. I think I am going to just try it and see how it goes since they have month to month memberships. I can also work out at off times so it won't be crowded.

Comment

Thanks. I think I am going to just try it and see how it goes since they have month to month memberships. I can also work out at off times so it won't be crowded.
                  My favorite times to workout are at the buttcrack of dawn or at night. I love an empty gym.

Comment

But they are my germs!
                    keep telling yourself that

Comment

Don't work out in the Tampa Bay Buc's training room.

I'm a PF member. It's $15/month and right around the block from my work. The best gym is one you'll actually go to.

Of course, I'm not a free-weight "lunk" looking to get big or anything. I'm already a strappin' man.

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
                        Curling while staring in the mirror will be permitted, provided the dumbbells meet the criteria above, and the member is using the same weight every workout.
                        All the mirrors should be like the mirrors in fun houses that show you to be skinner than you really are. We wouldn't want reality to damage anyone's self-esteem after all.

And don't forget to have a mandatory 15 minute break every 30 minutes where the users are ushered into a comfortable room playing quiet affirmations to make them feel better about themselves while the whole workout area is locked down and sterilized to destroy any and all germs for those going to the gym who have destroyed their immunity systems with CW.
                        Last edited by texas.grok; 11-19-2013, 11:23 PM.
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X