Rhabdomyolysis: How I almost died from being pushed to do too many pull-ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sra1984 View Post
    That is super scary! Glad you shared- I am just starting to learn how to do the whole pull-up thing (no trainer, just myself) but it is good to know that these things are possible. Thanks so much for posting! Nice to see things didn't go the worse for you. Out of curiosity, were there any lasting impacts?
    You're not going to get rhabdo doing any kind of reasonable protocol to increase your pull-ups. It really really requires pushing through your limits. I'm sorry about what happened to the O.P., but this is not a real source of major concern outside of crossfit and overzealous/under-intelligent trainers pushing you to do more than your body knows it can handle.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by Chellegood View Post
      Folks, this is no joke. I'm a 37 year old mother of 5 who was diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis after my trainer had me do a ridiculous amount of reps of a ridiculous exercise. If you are unfamiliar with this illness or work with a trainer, please take a moment to read my story and share it with your friends and family.

The Real Housewife of Bluemont: Mom of 5 Almost Dies From Pull-ups ~ My Story on Trainers, Rhabdomyolysis and Following Your Instincts
      I am so sorry you experienced this and thank goodness you are ok!!! That is quite a story. Thank you for posting. Hope you can back in the game without any lasting effects. Do you think you'll go for the marathon next year?

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        And the trainer failed. I'm sorry for that. A true strength training protocol may have its risks, but rhabdo really isn't one of them.
        Uuuuhhh... Strength training... Risks? Care to elaborate?

Maybe I'm all freaked out after reading this post. Ive decided that I'm going to get on a serious strength training program after my November race but I need to know my risks before I dive full-on into this. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JulieRUNS View Post
          Uuuuhhh... Strength training... Risks? Care to elaborate?

Maybe I'm all freaked out after reading this post. Ive decided that I'm going to get on a serious strength training program after my November race but I need to know my risks before I dive full-on into this. Thanks!
          It can make you all firm and sexy if you aren't careful !

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
            It can make you all firm and sexy if you aren't careful !
            Aww... too late! This blonde bombshell is already suffering the sexy.

Comment

Working...
            X