Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy Lifting made me bigger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Hah! Well, if it's for the internet... definitely a noble cause. Maybe I'll update the vanity pics thread again next time I'm feeling vain.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by heatseeker View Post
      Hah! Well, if it's for the internet... definitely a noble cause. Maybe I'll update the vanity pics thread again next time I'm feeling vain.
      The internet thanks you

      Comment


      • #48
        I'm a natural meso/endomorph. So I get really big if I try to maximize my lifting potential. I thought I would try upping my protein intake by having a whey shake once or twice a day. Bought some extra large chicken breasts, too. Jeez I'm a fat bastard all of a sudden. My legs are mostly super firm but gigantic and the rest of me is just plain fat. Phooey.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

        Comment


        • #49
          Heavy lifting works best with GOMAD or a similar menu! At least for lifting MOAR, if thats the primary and all over shadowing goal...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

          - Schopenhauer

          Comment


          • #50
            I want to have a winter coat made while living in Korea and can afford to do such a thing. However, I recently started lifting heavy things. Are my shoulders and hips likely to get bigger as a result of lifting? Half an inch can change how a garment fits.

            (I'm a petite woman, 5'2", about 117 lbs.)

            So is having the coat made a bad idea until I know more about how my body will change? I thought I would have them size me while I was wearing a large sweater hoping it would give me a little wiggle room. (I like my clothing to fit a little looser than the Koreans' do.) For the last two winters I've been wearing a man's wool hunting coat. It's way too big for me but it keeps me warm.

            I don't have much time left here and either need to get on it or let it go.

            Thanks! Jay
            Last edited by Grassfed4me; 03-12-2014, 01:48 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Why would you want a coat so tight an inch or so of variance in your body would be bad? Wouldn't there be times when the coat would have to fit whether you had a thick sweater underneath or just a t-shirt?
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Grassfed4me View Post
                I want to have a winter coat made while living in Korea and can afford to do such a thing. However, I recently started lifting heavy things. Are my shoulders and hips likely to get bigger as a result of lifting? Half an inch can change how a garment fits.

                (I'm a petite woman, 5'2", about 117 lbs.)

                So is having the coat made a bad idea until I know more about how my body will change? I thought I would have them size me while I was wearing a large sweater hoping it would give me a little wiggle room. (I like my clothing to fit a little looser than the Koreans' do.) For the last two winters I've been wearing a man's wool hunting coat. It's way too big for me but it keeps me warm.

                I don't have much time left here and either need to get on it or let it go.

                Thanks! Jay
                Get on it. Getting bigger is very hard to do unless you are genetically predisposed to it or make it a goal in your life. Just lifting heavy things will add some size, but changing your size (larger or smaller) enough to have to change your wardrobe takes effort.
                People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Obviously, you're entitled to your preferences and goals and I have no business raising conflict with them but I'll be honest with you, (and idk about anyone else but) I find a little mass on a gal very attractive. I mean if you've just started lifting, no way you're BIG big, like IFBB big, but when we're talking about some well built, solid musculature on the female figure, I'd take that over a "small" one any day (appearance wise) especially in the legs. just my two cents

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                    Why would you want a coat so tight an inch or so of variance in your body would be bad? Wouldn't there be times when the coat would have to fit whether you had a thick sweater underneath or just a t-shirt?
                    It's not that I want a coat that fits snugly; it's that the Koreans wear their clothing more tailored than most Americans. Until recently, they were svelte. Sadly, that is changing.

                    One of my husband's co-workers is into cross fit and she said that her shoulders grew wider. I'm just trying to estimate what might change and how.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X