No announcement yet.

Want to reduce bodyfat by 5%. Any tips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to reduce bodyfat by 5%. Any tips?

I've been mostly Primal since June and feel better on it. I didn't lose any weight -which was fine- because I was already at my ideal weight. I'm very happy with my body, but would like to tone up a bit more. My bodyfat percentage is 29.9% though, which is a bit too high for my liking.

So my goal is to get to 25%. Any ideas of what a realistic timeline is for a lazy chick like me?

I'm not really sure what kind of exercises are best to transform 5% of my jiggly bits into muscle... I'd love to hear tips!

Thank you, people who know more than me

Wendy

Exercise pretty much sucks for losing bodyweight, diet is a far more efficient tool in this regards.1 pound of fat contains 3,555 calories, to burn that many on an exercise bike or Stepper etc takes far more hours than is really worth the effort.

Comment

Lift heavy weights. Sprint.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

So the skinny lady in your avatar isn't you?
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Haha yes the skinny lady in the avatar is indeed me. And that is why I do not want to lose weight, I just want to transform some of the fat to muscle. I mean, a bodyfat % of 29.9 is not optimal for a fit young woman, right?

Comment

My gym teacher told me to start doing weight training if I wanted to loose the body fat...
            My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aingealag View Post
              Haha yes the skinny lady in the avatar is indeed me. And that is why I do not want to lose weight, I just want to transform some of the fat to muscle. I mean, a bodyfat % of 29.9 is not optimal for a fit young woman, right?
              Who told you your body fat percentage is 29.9?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

@RichMahogany; A fancy digital scale called Aria told me. And to confirm I tried another scale at the gym which said 29%. So seems fairly accurate, although I feel fairly toned. To look at me you wouldn't guess I'm almost 1/3 fat

Comment

@RichMahogany; A fancy digital scale called Aria told me. And to confirm I tried another scale at the gym which said 29%. So seems fairly accurate, although I feel fairly toned. To look at me you wouldn't guess I'm almost 1/3 fat
                  Yeah, those scales are absolute junk. Rubbish. Drivel. Ignore them completely. From the looks of you, you can drop 5% body fat or more just by using a more accurate measuring device, like a multi-site skinfold caliper pinch test in the hands of a competent user. Or you can just look in the mirror and compare it to a body fat percentages photo array. There you go, you just lost 5% body fat. Congrats.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Junk! I regularly swing between 17-19 percent just by drinking copious amounts of water.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Yeah, those scales are absolute junk. Rubbish. Drivel. Ignore them completely. From the looks of you, you can drop 5% body fat or more just by using a more accurate measuring device, like a multi-site skinfold caliper pinch test in the hands of a competent user. Or you can just look in the mirror and compare it to a body fat percentages photo array. There you go, you just lost 5% body fat. Congrats.
                      I'm not convinced a photo array is accurate, given that they vary from one to the next (see links). It's incredibly subjective.

The 25% and 35% on the first link look quite a bit more toned than the second link.

http://www.healthygrad.org/wp-conten...-men-women.png
                      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-48h4nDelVc.../s1600/bfp.jpg

None of this takes away from your original point, but eyeballing it doesn't seem like an accurate method either. If we're comparing to an impedance device, I eyeballed myself at higher than the device's result (ie I guessed myself to be around 25%, when bioelectric gave me closer to 16%). Calipers may be better if the user is skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by prufock View Post
                        I'm not convinced a photo array is accurate, given that they vary from one to the next (see links). It's incredibly subjective.

The 25% and 35% on the first link look quite a bit more toned than the second link.

http://www.healthygrad.org/wp-conten...-men-women.png
                        http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-48h4nDelVc.../s1600/bfp.jpg

None of this takes away from your original point, but eyeballing it doesn't seem like an accurate method either. If we're comparing to an impedance device, I eyeballed myself at higher than the device's result (ie I guessed myself to be around 25%, when bioelectric gave me closer to 16%). Calipers may be better if the user is skilled.
                        Oh yeah, I agree that none of the methods available are great. But the scales are notoriously inaccurate and worthless. At best, you can look at a few of the photo arrays and make an estimate within a few percentage points, but the caliper's the only thing that's reasonably affordable and reasonably consistent (I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say accurate). Forgetting the whole thing altogether and worrying about how you feel, look, and perform is the best advice of all.

But for the OP to be making an effort to decrease her body fat percentage by 5 because the number on an electronical impedance scale says she's 29% body fat is pure crazy.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

eat 5% for lean and 15% more fat
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Oh yeah, I agree that none of the methods available are great. But the scales are notoriously inaccurate and worthless. At best, you can look at a few of the photo arrays and make an estimate within a few percentage points, but the caliper's the only thing that's reasonably affordable and reasonably consistent (I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to say accurate). Forgetting the whole thing altogether and worrying about how you feel, look, and perform is the best advice of all.

But for the OP to be making an effort to decrease her body fat percentage by 5 because the number on an electronical impedance scale says she's 29% body fat is pure crazy.
                            Well her avator is tiny and maybe just a good angle. We probably need to see some bikini pics to accurately gauge her bf%.

(Your slippin, rich)

Comment

Supposedly I have 40% body fat. That puts me in the obese range. That's my booty in my avatar. Do I look obese to you?

Adding muscle is great, leaning out is great. I am actively doing both. But I stopped caring about the numbers as they just don't always mean what we think they mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X