Pullups/dips workout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pullups/dips workout

Sup fellas..ladyfellas. Just had a quick question here. 3 days a week i do a basic calisthenic workout which consists of pullups, dips, core and legwork. Other days i do circuit workouts with pushups, burpees, etc. and also cardio such as hiking and hockey. For the pullup and dip workouts, how many sets should I be doing. Ive been doing 5 sets of pullups and dips, 10 sets for legs and some planks and situps. I feel like i get a good workout but should i be doing more than 5 sets of pullups and dips? Any suggestions?

five sets of...?

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Hey buddy, go fck a kunt

Comment

Wow..what is your problem? Mr A answered your question with a question. Your response is hideous.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by VietnamGump View Post
            Hey buddy, go fck a kunt
            So you ask for help then when Mr Anthony asks for more info you tell him to F off? So what was your point?

Comment

2 sets using enough weight to limit the reps to between 6 and 10. Take both sets to absolute total momentary muscular failure. When you ability to generate enough intensity becomes advanced then maybe consider dropping down to one set.

Comment

I'm not even sure if that was a recommendation, an insult, or a proposition.......

Comment

I see VietnamGump will fit right in! Welcome!
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Hi vietnemgump,

I believe mr. Anthony was asking how many reps in each set. Basically, your program is fine for general strength and fitness. Since you don't mention what your fitness goals are, I'm assuming general fitness is your goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini_mi View Post
                      Hi vietnemgump,

I believe mr. Anthony was asking how many reps in each set. Basically, your program is fine for general strength and fitness. Since you don't mention what your fitness goals are, I'm assuming general fitness is your goal.
                      Yeah, that's what he was asking. If you're doing 5 sets of 20+ dips and ~10 pull-ups, you're getting plenty of stimulus from 5 sets. If you're doing singles, 5 sets is probably insufficient. I don't understand the surly reaction to his perfectly valid question.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I meet VietnamGump at the hospital all the time.

Me: "I'm here to draw a little blood so the doctor can check on your health, blah blah blah in gentle tones and with respect."
                        Him: "No."

---For most patients:
                        Me: "Okay, thanks, have a great day." And tell nurse patient refused.

---For critical patients:
                        Me: "This is a critical lab, your health is at stake and if we don't check your numbers right away, you might become very sick or die, this is just what the doctor has ordered for now, you know, to save your life, then we'll leave you alone."
                        Him: "Fuck you."
                        Lol, then leaving the room quickly is sort of like revenge.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by VietnamGump View Post
                          Hey buddy, go fck a kunt
                          Not sure that would work the same muscle groups.
                          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                          X