ladies...your fitness routine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladies...your fitness routine?

i read all the guys weighing in on their routines, but don't see as many posts from the ladies...mind sharing what you all like to do? i need ideas so as not to get bored.

Used to be 3-4x/week at the gym doing heavy lifts of squats, deadlifts, cleans, snatches, push presses, overhead presses, etc., supplemented by 1-2x/week sprints, yoga, cycling, hiking

Now it's 2x/week self defense classes, 1x/week sprints, and 1x/week yoga. And regular dancing like a crazy in my apartment to house music.
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

thanks!

what are

cleans?

snatches?

push presses?

Comment

Mine is like this:

A. Yoga in two forms: 1. normal yoga program that does body weight stuff (basically the LHT version of yoga) and 2. therapeutic yoga to help better align my posture (this also includes pilates and feldenkrais stuff).

B: Mobility and posture work: I then do mobility work and specific posture work -- i'm realigning my posture altogether and have been for 6 months. It's really amazing as a process. It takes a lot of effort.

C. walking/hiking -- do this once or twice a week for the long-slow/play;

D. Sprint day, which is mostly playing with my kid.

E. Play which is swimming right now.

Comment

do a google search for "cleans," "snatches" and "push press" and you'll see.

Comment

CrossFit 4-5 times a week, horseback riding 2-3 days a week.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
              do a google search for "cleans," "snatches" and "push press" and you'll see.
              DEFINITELY Google search "snatches". Turn off any filters.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

My ladyfriend has been doing squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and presses, all with progressively greater resistance. Then, for accessory work, she does some bicep curls, band-assisted chin-ups, more squats but lighter/higher volume, and incline push-ups. And she walks on trails in the county park as much as possible. Wish she'd have let me document her progress with photos, but you'll have to take my word for it. And my word is: it works.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Google search "snatches". Turn off any filters.
                  So your fitness routine involves googling snatches. You must also enjoy jerking tremendously.

Comment

I walk about 10 hours per week, usually with a weight vest (it's at 13 pounds or so). Occasionally I leave the vest behind and jog the trails as much as I feel like. I do bodyweight squats about 3-4 days per week, as many as I can fit in during the day. Once a week I go to the gym to knock out about 15 pullups (assisted for now). I am slowly incorporating pushups into my day.
                    As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again.

Comment

I ride my bike to and from to work, walk KC twice a day. Lift heavy things 1-2x a week (includes: squats, lunges, row, push and pulls with occasional kb swings.) Sprints 1-2x a week.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                        So your fitness routine involves googling snatches. You must also enjoy jerking tremendously.
                        Listen here, Mags. I have no problem with women in the military, the CEO's office, or politics, but dirty jokes are supposed to come from the filthy minds of men, dammit!
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

This is my fitness routine next week:

Monday:
                          Squats: 5 sets, 5 reps, 115lbs (yes, I'm a pussy)
                          Bench: 5 sets, 5 reps, 67.5lbs (yes, I suck)

Tuesday:
                          Deadlift: 1 set, 5 reps x 125 (I admit I'm weak and scared)
                          Sprints: 8 rounds of 22 second all-out sprints on the exercise bike with 1:30 rest in between

Wednesday:
                          Walk to the healthfood store and try to decide between vegan cheesecake or chocolate or be good and just walk on the bluffs overlooking the beach instead.

Thursday:
                          Squats: work up to 1 set of 5, 120lbs
                          Bench: up to a 75lb single

Friday:
                          Pullups and more exercise bike sprints

The following week, the same thing but with overhead presses instead of bench and 5 more pounds on the squats and deadlifts. Wish me luck. The week after that, same stuff, more pounds.
                          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Listen here, Mags. I have no problem with women in the military, the CEO's office, or politics, but dirty jokes are supposed to come from the filthy minds of men, dammit!
                            Darling, I was just commenting on Mr. Anthony's enjoyment of Olympic style weightlifting.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              Darling, I was just commenting on Mr. Anthony's enjoyment of Olympic style weightlifting.
                              Trying to convince me I don't know a double entendre when I see one is like trying to convince CT that he doesn't recognize a bicep curl and the F-bomb: I Command you to Grow! Biceps/Arm Day with CT Fletcher - YouTube
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X