No announcement yet.

Best Sprinting Resources?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K, found a stretch that is 100 meters. Going for it tomorrow!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yay!
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Welp, I guess I can hang that hat up to dry. Did a 100m in ----------- 13 seconds!

Last edited by Knifegill; 10-06-2013, 03:21 PM.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Just starting to sprint as well. Trying to figure out what distance would be reasonable to start? What distance would be my goal? And how to measure meters to a mile? I live in Louisiana, so the only hills we have are levees, and they are small I could run up the levee in only a few seconds.

Comment

Just starting to sprint as well. Trying to figure out what distance would be reasonable to start? What distance would be my goal? And how to measure meters to a mile? I live in Louisiana, so the only hills we have are levees, and they are small I could run up the levee in only a few seconds.
            Don't just dive into sprinting, unless you already have well-conditioned legs. I've been slowly building up. 100m seems reasonable to me. It feels just a little longer than my legs want to carry me.

I used google maps and zoomed in to my property. Then you right click and set markers from A to B and it tells you the distance. Start short, or you'll just have it tell you ".1 miles", lol. Google Maps will give you feet, you just google for conversion to meters. You want 328 feet for 100m.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

13 seconds isn't bad. It's not like you've been training for the Olympics or anything. You ought to be able to win some meets when you are older.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Maybe when I'm 50?
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Ty Knifegill, I have well conditioned legs but I like to do things right and start slow like you recommend. It may feel easy at first but I know once I have my bearings and know what I'm doing I'll be able to work on time/distance. For now, I have been reading on sprinting and will start with the 100m

Comment

Working...
                  X