Anyone else ever have a bad day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else ever have a bad day?

Man I just feel burnt today. I mentioned in one of the other threads one of my favorite circuits

Double Kettle bell front squat x 20 @ 24kg
    Kettle bell renegade row x 15 per side @ 24kg
    Kettle bell reaching press x 15 per side @ 24kg
    Jump rope 150

This is what I did today at lunch. I take an hour so with dynamic warm plus stretch cool down and a shower I can get through this 5 times. Today I barely could make it through 3! WTF!?!?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that has bad days.

Yesterday was deadlift day. With traveling and stuff I hadn't been able to deadlift in 2 weeks. My last deadlift day I lifted 400 lbs, and thought I'd pull 405 yesterday (my goal). Nope. Worked my way up to 385 and just felt..."off". Way off. Form was breaking down, didn't feel good about it. I stopped deadlifting and just finished up my workout with a bunch of weighted chins and dips.

It happens. Just beast everything next time.

Comment

Not to piss in you guys' cereal, but I felt totally out of it today. Got worked a bit at Jits last night, then had to stay and clean the academy top to bottom, got to bed late, and slept terribly. Thought I was in serious danger of failing to hit all my reps.

Got under the bar to squat 300 and kept having to ask my 2 partners if I was high because they felt "easy." Of course, "easy" in this sense means that the rep didn't take 5 seconds of grinding to complete. It was still crushingly hard. 300 lbs will never be easy.

Bench (not my best lift) was 207.5. Maybe the 5th rep of the third set was a tiny bit slow. Again, these were hard, but not crushingly hard.

Haven't deadlifted anything over 400 for over a month. Loaded up 405 and pulled all 5 reps without even pausing for a second breath in-between reps. Of course, I'm shortish, so these are a better lift for me, but I literally have to put the bar down gently between reps due to the condo loft gym situation, so I was stoked. Tied an all time 5-rep PR.

But yeah, I've had too many of those days like you guys describe over the past few months. The solution was more milkshakes. I'm up to 165 lbs and probably 18% body fat or more, so that's part of it.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Maybe that's what I've got to do is increase my sugars a bit. Last week I just crushed my circuits! I felt great doing them and my weights in the evening felt pretty good too but man this week I've been feeling lethargic and just sapped. I was stumbling over the rope today. BALLS!!!

Comment

Thanks for making me feel like the only one though. Rich you're a freakin animal

Comment

I'm NOT the only one. Damn man. Jus off today.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Will View Post
              Thanks for making me feel like the only one though. Rich you're a freakin animal
              Thanks man. I feel kinda strongish for a 165 pound guy until I look up the women's 148 lb world records and realize that I'm easily 150 pounds behind Taylar Stallings' total on my best day.

We all have those days. Any chance you may be getting sick? A lot of times when I feel super weak under the bar, it's because I'm fighting something off and within the following day or two, I come down with a stomach bug or something. Might not be a dumb idea to take a bunch of vitamin D and coconut oil, and get plenty of rest, just in case.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Thanks man. I feel kinda strongish for a 165 pound guy until I look up the women's 148 lb world records and realize that I'm easily 150 pounds behind Taylar Stallings' total on my best day.

We all have those days. Any chance you may be getting sick? A lot of times when I feel super weak under the bar, it's because I'm fighting something off and within the following day or two, I come down with a stomach bug or something. Might not be a dumb idea to take a bunch of vitamin D and coconut oil, and get plenty of rest, just in case.
                I hope I'm not getting sick. One of the girls that works for my wife went home with the stomach flu yesterday.

I already take 15 000 IUs of D but I'll definitely increase my coconut oil. Thanks dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Will View Post
                  I hope I'm not getting sick. One of the girls that works for my wife went home with the stomach flu yesterday.

I already take 15 000 IUs of D but I'll definitely increase my coconut oil. Thanks dude.
                  Hope my hunch is wrong. Good luck!
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I definitely woke up with a pretty sore throat this morning. I never get really sick, but will fight off whatever everyone has once a year or so. That's today. I figure that's to blame for yesterday's workout. I'll evaluate in the morning and see if I should go lift or not.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                      I definitely woke up with a pretty sore throat this morning...I figure that's to blame for yesterday's workout.
                      Makes sense to me. You'll come back stronger whenever you are done fighting off whatever.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I feel like a million bucks today! Went to bed early and had a great sleep. I'm gonna rip the shit out of the weights today!!!! Mr Anthony I hope you're feeling better my man! Vitamin D, Zinc picolinate and a little extra coconut oil seemed to work! Today's circuit is double kettle jerks, superman squats, knee to elbows and skipping. "King Kong ain't got nothing on me!!"

Bonus points for what movie that's from.

Comment

Originally posted by samuenloren
                          Hey u guys seem so experienced.
                          I have a question though, i am training with a personal trainer from smartfitgym.com, now its been almost 3 months.I am hapy, coz my weight is decreasing and all. But, for how long shud i continue with personal trainers.. coz it is costlier than training on our own, or going to the gym.Just not sure, when shud i start walking alone.

Any suggestions?
                          Well as a trainer myself you should see me for ever and ever and ever..... J/K. Although I do believe that trainers are integral to getting you (the client) to your goals as quickly as possible it really does depend on your own comfort in the gym and with your own body awareness. Athletes have strength coaches for a reason, the athlete is the talent and the strength coach is what bring the talent alive.

Personally I have some clients that see me 5 times a week (Recently went to Turin to play in the master soccer World Series) and then I have others that see me once a week (Sweet little lady who has crepitus knees so more physio and balance work) because they love to come and get a good work out. Then I have people in the middle who are training for women's figure and men's heavy weight. So to be honest it really does depend on you.

If your goal is to get strong and look good naked, use your trainer until you feel comfortable with the movements then do a check in once a month to make sure you're still on the right track. For basic programming there are a ton of books out there but for a specific program I would recommend you stick with your trainer.

One last thing. I've never used an online trainer so I can't really give you an educated comment but I'm not really sure how effective they can be. I only say that because personally I like the hands on approach where I can palpate and figure what muscles aren't firing effectively. Plus the instant correction from verbal ques is a big deal for me. I'm kind of a freak about posture.

Comment

Working...
                          X