Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could recommend one 10-min routine...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If you could recommend one 10-min routine...

    ...what would it be? No huge/fancy equipments.

    I have overloaded myself this semester as usual... As such, I am short on time a lot of the days of the week. I do strength when I can make it to the gym (on avg 2-4x/week) though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

    My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


    Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

    " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

  • #2
    If you want something that is high intensity you could do a tabata style body weight workout circuit basically 20 seconds as many reps as possible (with good form) 10 seconds of rest for 5 sets doing all of the following.

    Pull ups (if you have a pull up bar)
    Squats
    Push-Ups
    Planks or Situps

    that will get you a good workout in 10 minutes

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
      If you want something that is high intensity you could do a tabata style body weight workout circuit basically 20 seconds as many reps as possible (with good form) 10 seconds of rest for 5 sets doing all of the following.

      Pull ups (if you have a pull up bar)
      Squats
      Push-Ups
      Planks or Situps

      that will get you a good workout in 10 minutes
      Tabata protocol is 8 rounds.
      The Champagne of Beards

      Comment


      • #4
        one of the quick ones I like to do occasionally is a deck of cards workout. assign each suit an exercise. so...spades are squats, clubs are pushups, hearts are pullups, and diamonds are burpees. shuffle the deck and go through each card, doing whatever it is. ex: 7 of clubs = 7 pushups. go through the entire deck

        another one that I've done before is hindu pushups and squats. basically, do 10 hindu pushups, jump up and do 10 squats. repeat that over and over for whatever duration of time: 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.

        the 100 burpee challenge. see how long it takes you to do 100 burpees. trust me, it's longer than you think.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Tabata protocol is 8 rounds.
          true but in order for her to finish in ten minutes you would need to cut it down to 5 rounds so it would be a tabata style routine with only 5 rounds instead of 8 I associate the tabata style with the timing of 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
            true but in order for her to finish in ten minutes you would need to cut it down to 5 rounds so it would be a tabata style routine with only 5 rounds instead of 8 I associate the tabata style with the timing of 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest.
            8 rouds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off takes 4 minutes. Isn't 4<10?
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              8 rouds of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off takes 4 minutes. Isn't 4<10?
              I am talking 5 rounds of each exercise which would be 2 min 30 sec for each exercise for a total of 10 minutes

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
                I am talking 5 rounds of each exercise which would be 2 min 30 sec for each exercise for a total of 10 minutes
                What?! That's insane. You can't maintain Tabata-appropriate intensity levels for 10 minutes. Not possible. You're turning Tabata into CrossFit.
                The Champagne of Beards

                Comment


                • #9
                  agree with RM on this one. tabata is 20s on and 10s off. 8 rounds. 4 minutes total. if you're going hard enough (actual tabata intensity) the 4 minutes is all you need. trust me on this one

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    What?! That's insane. You can't maintain Tabata-appropriate intensity levels for 10 minutes. Not possible. You're turning Tabata into CrossFit.
                    you don't have to maintain an all out tabata principle by going as fast as possible but using the 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest can get you a great workout in 10 minutes; it doesn't mean you have to get huge amounts of reps in during your working sets. It is just an option for trying to get a high intensity workout in a very short span of time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                      agree with RM on this one. tabata is 20s on and 10s off. 8 rounds. 4 minutes total. if you're going hard enough (actual tabata intensity) the 4 minutes is all you need. trust me on this one
                      If you can complete the 4 minutes with that kind of intensity, I'm already impressed.
                      The Champagne of Beards

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by FossTheBoss12 View Post
                        you don't have to maintain an all out tabata principle by going as fast as possible but using the 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest can get you a great workout in 10 minutes; it doesn't mean you have to get huge amounts of reps in during your working sets. It is just an option for trying to get a high intensity workout in a very short span of time.
                        So what you're recommending has absolutely 0 in common with the Tabata protocol, but you just like to type the word Tabata? It is kind of fun. Gives me a good burn in my left pinky. Tabata. Tabata. Tabata.
                        The Champagne of Beards

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          So what you're recommending has absolutely 0 in common with the Tabata protocol, but you just like to type the word Tabata? It is kind of fun. Gives me a good burn in my left pinky. Tabata. Tabata. Tabata.
                          I bet you can't type "tabata" following a tabata protocol

                          @Foss. what you're advocating isn't tabata protocol. I know it's semantics, but don't refer to a circuit as tabata if it isn't. the "tabata principal" as you refer to it is what we are telling you it is. 20s of all-out intensity with 10s of rest. 8 times. 4 minutes. by definition

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            So what you're recommending has absolutely 0 in common with the Tabata protocol, but you just like to type the word Tabata? It is kind of fun. Gives me a good burn in my left pinky. Tabata. Tabata. Tabata.
                            How about this I will edit my post.

                            Do each of the following

                            Pull Ups
                            Push Ups
                            Squats
                            Planks or Sit Ups

                            Do sets for time 20 seconds of work 10 seconds of rest and do that 5 times for each exercise for a total of 2 minutes and 30 seconds for each exercise and a 10 minute total workout and this way I didn't have to mention Tabata Style and the thread doesn't get derailed further

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have never heard of Tabata until recently so... Gonna google that now.

                              #n00b


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                              ------
                              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

                              My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links


                              Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

                              " The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X