How to get Ripped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Ripped

Has anybody been successful in achieving a sub 10% body fat? How did you do it?

I know it's shallow, you don't have to tell me that.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...pped-Grok-body
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Thanks! Good stuff and very encouraging.

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
        Thanks! Good stuff and very encouraging.
        I was down to 7% about 6 years ago and it wasn't any of the following:

Healthy, Safe, Sustainable or Primal!

I would much rather get to a healthy sustainable weight and body fat percentage whether it be 9% or 15%. Health and fitness are my number one goals now and body fat percentage will came along with that!
        Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          I was down to 7% about 6 years ago and it wasn't any of the following:

Healthy, Safe, Sustainable or Primal!

I would much rather get to a healthy sustainable weight and body fat percentage whether it be 9% or 15%. Health and fitness are my number one goals now and body fat percentage will came along with that!
          Says who you can't be ripped and healthy?

Comment

I'm probably under 10% now. Eating 3000 calories, IF and VLC.

I do some weights when I can be bothered and no cardio.
            The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
            Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
            Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Comment

Tarlach, what are you stats if you don't mind posting:

Weight:

And, what do you consider VLC? What is your typical food intake?

I am asking because my experience so far with PB has been that I gain weight eating too many calories. However, I still have some carbs, but not much. My higher days I probably do about 60-70, and my regular days are about 25-40.

Comment

I'm trying the leangains.com approach. I'm having trouble getting enough calories in during the 8 hour window though.

I went from 152 to 148, but feel like 6 pack definition actually got worse. There were a lot of other variables during that time though, so I'm going to give it a week next week and see how it goes.

Comment

^ Try eating some coconut oil before your meals (1-2 tablespoons). I'm currently doing that, and so far it has greatly accelerated my weight loss efforts. Well, I've just been doing it for a week, but if continues to work I'll make a separate thread about it. See the books Eat Fat, Lose Fat and The Coconut Oil Miracle for further info!
                  MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

how long did it take people who have sub 10% body fat to get there? And from what level of body fat did you start out at?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeEnRegalia View Post
                      ^ Try eating some coconut oil before your meals (1-2 tablespoons). I'm currently doing that, and so far it has greatly accelerated my weight loss efforts. Well, I've just been doing it for a week, but if continues to work I'll make a separate thread about it. See the books Eat Fat, Lose Fat and The Coconut Oil Miracle for further info!
                      I started eating coconut oil this week. I replaced it for butter... sadly. But oh well. I hope it works.

Comment

I'm at around 7% bf right now. I started out in January probably some where around probably 13 to 14 percent bf. I started out planing on losing 10 and to show off my abs pounds and of those 10 pounds I've lost 25 and I'm almost but not quite there on the abs.
                        http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                          I'm at around 7% bf right now. I started out in January probably some where around probably 13 to 14 percent bf. I started out planing on losing 10 and to show off my abs pounds and of those 10 pounds I've lost 25 and I'm almost but not quite there on the abs.
                          Woah, if you're at 7% and can't see your abs, you should stop losing weight and do some strength training..

Comment

My upper abs are clearly visible and I am starting to get some really good definition all over. (I do train for the record) My lower abs still have a very thing layer of fat obscuring them but not a lot. There is no one set magic bf percentage that one's abs will show at and mine's pretty low it seams. I'm close enough that losing one or two pounds now will have my lowers out as well.
                            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

So it took you 4-5 months to go from 14 to 7. That sounds realistic. I don't know what I was thinking by wanting to get ripped in a month lol. I am about 14% now.

Comment

Working...
                              X