Tribal Jumps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal Jumps?

Anybody know about these, do them, or otherwise know about them? I regularly get the urge to just jump up and down like a piston, and it's good leg work - or is it?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Plyometrics!

Comment

Knife, have you done box jumps? I do those 3 times a week. Hate them, but I do them and when I got into those and prowler push and pulls is when I got really strong and lean.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I've seen box jumps, but haven't tried them. Seems similar. But the straight, pogo-like hopping is awesome! Have you tried it? Just jumping up and down? It's awesome! You try jumping and I'll try box jumps today, K?
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Lol..okay but it does not sound fun. Headed for the gym in ten minutes.

ETA: Okay just googled and watched a you tube. It looks totally fun. So you mean up and down just like a pogo stick with your toes up straight legged right?

Last edited by oceangrl; 09-28-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I recommend not letting heels touch down, just spring off the front of the foot. I don't know if it's because it's almost like sprinting or what, but I get a real rush out of it.

How high of a box/ledge should I use, and how many reps/sets?
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yes the guy said spring off the balls of your feet and back down, but toes up as you are going up.

I warm up on a two foot box and go up to 3 foot, but I have a very weak right leg because of a bad tib/fib fracture 2 years ago. Rod and pins still in. You could do higher boxes I am sure. I do 15-18 reps with a push/pull of the prowler down the corridor inbetween 3 sets with sledgehammer on a 600 lb tire thrown in for good measure. Love it. Gonna do pogo instead of box today though.

Comment

I do 15-18 reps with a push/pull of the prowler down the corridor inbetween 3 sets with sledgehammer on a 600 lb tire thrown in for good measure.
                I don't know what any of this means, whether it's literal or figurative, but I'm sure I can find a ledge to jump onto.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Oh yeah...you will have fun finding ledges. You'll get all excited and find higher and higher ledges. It is all just a sequence that I do at the gym when I am not lifting stuff. The prowler is a heavy iron sled that football players train with. I'm sure theirs is much bigger and heavier.

Last edited by oceangrl; 09-28-2013, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Okay back from pogo jumps. I really like it. Very different from box jumps which take a certain posture and take off like a squat. I like pogo because it is like a sprint. Only better.

Comment

Tribal jumps? Is that where you build a tall wooden structure, tie a vine to one leg and jump head-first off the top?
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

And into a ravine? Called bungee jumping.

Comment

Wouldn't be fun though, only tied on one foot. And with a vine.

Comment

Added to "To-Do" list: pogo jumps.

I love box jumps. I now jump onto anything (well, many things...) that I'm walking past. A concrete bollard? Jump on it! A low stone wall? Jump on it! A sturdy bench? Jump on it!

I'm glad my Sweetie puts up with me.

I've bungie jumped, too. That's a great rush!

Comment

Goldie, any jumps are hated by me because of my once broken leg..but I have to say..I get a huge rush from a perfectly executed box jump. I think I would be like you if I had no leg troubles.

Pogo jumps are so fun..boing boing.

Comment

Working...
                              X