Lifting standards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting standards

Yo! I was wondering if there are any lifters out here younger than 20, because, while I'm a 16 year old girl, I'd like to know your current sets/pr's in oly- and powerlifting. Are there any of you who are competitive? I'd like to meet some other olympic lifters (just started 6 months ago, but who cares).

Tosca

Way to go! Don't be afraid of getting big, is my advice. Your deadlift could really be around 2x bench, as long as you retain good form just go for it!

Comment

I'm not a girl, not under 20, and I don't compete, but I like to pick up things and put them back down, and I will agree with tosca's point about not fearing getting big.

Here's my favorite article for aspiring lady lifters: A Lion in Iron: Women

Keep us posted and let us know how it goes, both of you. Strong women are awesome.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Pr'd deadlift yesterday; 110 kg/243 pounds (:
        Love it.

I'll check the article! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by toscamulder View Post
          Pr'd deadlift yesterday; 110 kg/243 pounds (:
          Love it.
          Jesus. My DL is 30kgs You go girl!
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Haha I don't think that's your max. Not that it would be a shame if it were or anything, but I think if you tried, you could easily lift some more! Also, if you start training for this kind of thing regularly, you'll see rapid strength gains!

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
              Jesus. My DL is 30kgs You go girl!
              Why are you typing? Shouldn't you be doing rack pulls, good mornings, and oh.. I don't know... DEADLIFTS so you can stop being embarrassed by a little girl?

Just kidding. Little girl's impressive in this case. Keep it up!
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Haha I don't think that's your max. Not that it would be a shame if it were or anything, but I think if you tried, you could easily lift some more! Also, if you start training for this kind of thing regularly, you'll see rapid strength gains!
                Best new poster we've had here in a long time.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  Why are you typing? Shouldn't you be doing rack pulls, good mornings, and oh.. I don't know... DEADLIFTS so you can stop being embarrassed by a little girl?

Just kidding. Little girl's impressive in this case. Keep it up!
                  LOL. I only started lifting properly about 3 weeks ago so yeah, there's hope for me yet!
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Thanks Rich!

Comment

But I'm trying to get really good, so I've got a whole other goal. Your goal may be fitness and health, my goal is to make it to the CrossFit Regionals and/or the Dutch Nationals in weightlifting. Still looking for a proper coach and all, but luckily we have a motivated CrossFit team in the globo-gym, training nearly every day.
                      But my point is, we also shouldn't compare apples to pears. Still though, those weights don't pick up themselves!

Comment

(:
                        My inspiration is Rachel Siemens, this is her blog: Siemens Weightlifting - the Red Plate Blog

Comment

Going to sleep, good night!

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            I'm not a girl, not under 20,.....
                            It's okay Rich you can share. You're among friends here

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Will View Post
                              It's okay Rich you can share. You're among friends here
                              Ha ha. Don't know my current 1-rep maxes, but I'll gladly share my 5 rep PR's.

Bench: 215
                              Press: 147.5 (olympic style)
                              Squat: 320
                              Deadlift: 405

bodyweight: between 158 and 163.
                              goals: bodyweight: 185, squat: 405 x 1, deadlift: 500 x 1, press: 185 x 1, bench: don't really care x 1
                              timeline: Some time next year.

How about you, Iron Man?
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X