Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can any of us break a fitness record?

World Records for Push-Ups

I saw this list, and NO, I probably cannot ever do 46,001 push-ups in a day. Ever. As long as I live.

What about you? Do you have an exercise or muscle group that just seems to be invincibly awesome? Can you break a world fitness record?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

He did 319 every ten minutes. Damn.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Damn.
      Inappropriate language! You're going to be a Daddy soon--no swearing!

Comment

Got my 600 push-up goal met for the day. Most of the day I did sets of ten, but with ten minute breaks between sets. That was either too much rest or not enough reps, because just now, for my last 60 reps, I did 5 push-ups every minute. Those were getting rough! So there must be a sweet spot, a starting point. Maybe sets of 15 every five minutes? Sets of ten every three minutes? I'm doing this again. I'm now officially addicted to push-ups, now that I know how fun this can be!
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

What an effort wasted. You could have built a shelter in a day for homeless kids elsewhere with that kind of commitment!
          Few but ripe.

Comment

And get sued? No thanks!
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Few but ripe.

Comment

I'm trying to.. CrossFit and weightlifting. But started just 6 months ago.

Comment

I will never break a record in anything. Except I might stand a chance to become the oldest person to get a triple crown - complete the Pacific Crest Trail (done!), the Continental Divide Trail (some of it done), and the Appalachian Trail. I just have to wait it out.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Except I might stand a chance to become the oldest person to get a triple crown - complete the Pacific Crest Trail (done!), the Continental Divide Trail (some of it done), and the Appalachian Trail. I just have to wait it out.
                    That's pretty amazing, actually. Way to go!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I think I'll be able to break the bench press record for 90 year olds. I just gotta keep working out for the next 60 years or so.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Well I trained up to doing 100 non stop push-ups a couple of months ago, doubt that's a record but not bad for someone in his 60s (a very long way from the record of 10,507! Wow how is that possible?).

Two other goals I reached were 50 Squats with 135 lbs. and 30 body weight pull-ups (strict full extension non kip). I think I can get up to 100 squats but it will be tough to get many more pull-ups.
                        Last edited by canuck416; 09-22-2013, 05:37 PM.
                        Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                          Well I trained up to doing 100 non stop push-ups a couple of months ago. Doubt that's a record but not bad for a guy in his 60s.
                          +1. I'll most definitely (probably) never hold a world record in anything or even come close. Don't have the genetics or the athletic background for it. But I can do damn good considering what I have to work with. And I'm more than okay with that.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                            Two other goals I reached were 50 Squats with 135 lbs. and 30 body weight pull-ups (strict full extension non kip). I think I can get up to 100 squats but it will be tough to get many more pull-ups.
                            50x135, assuming non-stop, is very impressive indeed!

Well done!

BTW, I have followed some of your fitness postings (and the simplifit workouts). Your calendar age may be 60. Your "real" physiological age is probably in late 30s.
                            Few but ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Got my 600 push-up goal met for the day. Most of the day I did sets of ten, but with ten minute breaks between sets. That was either too much rest or not enough reps, because just now, for my last 60 reps, I did 5 push-ups every minute. Those were getting rough! So there must be a sweet spot, a starting point. Maybe sets of 15 every five minutes? Sets of ten every three minutes? I'm doing this again. I'm now officially addicted to push-ups, now that I know how fun this can be!
                              Hey Knifegill,

Good job on the 600. I usually do 300-500, 5-6 days a week in sets of fifty. I will do 2 days a month of 1000. Started doing this couple of years ago and I feel your pain. If your not used to high volume, it gets rough. The trick is to figure out the rest periods. If they are too short, your body's perceived intensity goes up and it takes longer to recover. When I started, I would do 250 a day in sets of 10. Then every week I would increase the reps and decrease the sets. Gone all the way up to 5x100 but find I'm drained for a few days after. For me sets of 50 every 30 minutes for a total of only about 12 minutes of actual workout time (10), sets. Btw I'm 55 so if your younger your recovery is probably much better than mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X