Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will adding a parallettes program to LHT+sprints lead to overtraining?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will adding a parallettes program to LHT+sprints lead to overtraining?

I just bought a pair of parallettes and am looking to begin a gymnastics program: Parallette Training: Parallettes One

Can I do this on top of my twice a week LHT sessions (half hour bodyweight only) and once weekly tabata sprints (5 minute sessions)
    This particular program focuses heavily on upper body and runs three times a week for about one hour per day

What do you guys think? I'm 25, in decent shape and am very excited about pursuing gymnastics but I don't want to stop training PBF style

You'll be fine. If you feel you're not being fine, stop.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

I think i'm going to put the LHT workouts on hold for a while as I focus on parallettes. I actually emailed the GMB team; Andy replied with this, which seems to make a lot of sense:

Hey Victor - glad you're excited about P1. I think it's going to be great for you.
      From the looks of what you outlined, here's what I'd do:
      - Prioritize P1 workouts. They will be more difficult and take the most energy.
      - You can continue doing pull-ups if you want, but save them for after your P1 work.
      - Ditch the extra push-ups.
      - You're welcome to do squats, but the Leg Module might be more interesting.
      - Keep doing the weekly sprint sessions.

The biggest thing is not to double up on stuff that P1 has by adding the less-sophisticated versions in the basic bodyweight routine (nothing wrong with it - it just takes less skill).

Comment

So...the dude selling you a program and equipment said that the program and equipment being sold to you are superior?

Weird.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

You can do bodyweight work all day everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            So...the dude selling you a program and equipment said that the program and equipment being sold to you are superior?

Weird.

Sent via F-22 Raptor
            Totally lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by NothingLasts View Post
              I think i'm going to put the LHT workouts on hold for a while as I focus on parallettes. I actually emailed the GMB team; Andy replied with this, which seems to make a lot of sense:

Hey Victor - glad you're excited about P1. I think it's going to be great for you.
              From the looks of what you outlined, here's what I'd do:
              - Prioritize P1 workouts. They will be more difficult and take the most energy.
              - You can continue doing pull-ups if you want, but save them for after your P1 work.
              - Ditch the extra push-ups.
              - You're welcome to do squats, but the Leg Module might be more interesting.
              - Keep doing the weekly sprint sessions.

The biggest thing is not to double up on stuff that P1 has by adding the less-sophisticated versions in the basic bodyweight routine (nothing wrong with it - it just takes less skill).
              sounds perfectly logical to me given your own prioritization

I would definitely keep the pull ups though. Sounds like p1 solo is begging for imbalances

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                You can do bodyweight work all day everyday.
                You can do deads and benches every day if they're at a light resistance for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
                  You can do deads and benches every day if they're at a light resistance for you.
                  You can do them heavy everyday too if your not a sally.

Comment

Working...
                  X