CrossFit and whiplash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossFit and whiplash

Got rear-ended by a pickup truck on Friday. I was stopped, he was going maybe 20, 25? My neck, shoulders, and back are quite sore but doc said it's just muscle strain, nothing worse going on.

I was really looking forward to going back to CrossFit on Monday, after bronchitis kept me mostly sidelined for a couple weeks. Now I don't know whether to go in and take it easy -- light weights or PVC, nothing that hurts -- or just suck it up and stay home for another week or so.

I didn't ask the doc about it because she'd already told me not even to go to work (desk job) for a few days, which frankly seems extreme.

What would you do if it were you?

Go to your box, take it easy, and if it doesn't feel better, stop and go home. Sometimes working out loosens things up, sometimes not. Just listen to your body.

Comment

Stay home and recover from the injury. I know it's not exactly the crossfit mantra, but better safe than sorry.
      Yeah, my grammar sucks. Deal with it!

Comment

I second what Goldie said. Explain the situation to your coach, and don't do anything painful.

My journal

Comment

I would recommend getting a better eval done first off. I'd suggest a Chiropractor, but a PT could work as well. Basically someone with the knowledge to assess and diagnose these sorts of injuries and make conservative recommendations in regards to getting you back to 100% quickly. Follow their advice.
          Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-15-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Stay home and work on mobility. If you must, go for a light jog to warm things up a bit. Concentrate on foam rolling your back.

GYM ALT - home page

Comment

Working...
            X