Some arm/bicep pain while squatting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
    Thanks. I tried this today and I think it helped. It allows me to get my back in a tighter position. The pain still came back but not as bad. I limited myself to 1x5. I am going to have to force myself to drop squats for two workouts at least and hope it heals up 100%.

I read on the SS forums that a lot of guys with smaller arms ran into this same issue.
    Yeah, I'm one of them. Keep those elbows up and the upper back tight from the moment you get under the bar to the moment you put it back down. It's easier said than done. Have someone help remind you if you can. As Mark Rippetoe said, "Poor technique in the gym is caused by insufficient yelling"
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Hahaha...do you think doing bicep curls (in the squat rack of course) would help strengthen those tendons?

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFatHobbit View Post
        Hahaha...do you think doing bicep curls (in the squat rack of course) would help strengthen those tendons?
        They make me feel better after failing to keep my elbows up, but aren't a substitute for proper form on squats.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
        X