Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zach vs. Knifegill, body fat race!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    That sounds like the set up to porn.. Or a roman battle

    Comment


    • #47
      Apparently working out almost every day is causing me to gain weight. I've added both muscle and fat. I must have increased my already monstrous appetite, or created excess stress. *kicks a rock* It ain't over yet! We have till the 4th! With my extra mass, though, I could seriously consider doing something intense dietarily without much repercussion.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

      Comment


      • #48
        Yeah, I had a good friend who was both super anabolic and catabolic. Just switch things up for like a week and his body would respond pretty drastically in whatever direction he wanted. Kinda pissed me off actually. Dude coulda been a freak of a bodybuilder if that was what he wanted....but instead he was our 150lb wrestler. Sick genetics for building muscle.

        Comment


        • #49
          Isn't that normal? Do a few squats and can't wear jeans for six months?
          Crohn's, doing SCD

          Comment


          • #50
            Thanks to paternal hormones, you now have 30% less testosterone and 30% more estrogen, as well as milk-making prolactin (Daddy hormones - Turning men into fathers). That can't be helping things...

            Comment


            • #51
              If he were more anabolic he would build lean mass while leaning out.

              Knife, you still eating only 1600 cals??

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                Thanks to paternal hormones, you now have 30% less testosterone and 30% more estrogen, as well as milk-making prolactin (Daddy hormones - Turning men into fathers). That can't be helping things...
                lol that's for sure untrue.

                "higher levels of estrogen can induce more nurturing behavior in males"
                Make America Great Again

                Comment


                • #53
                  Woo all mainstream media and their anti-testosterone campaign, my searches reveal.
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Hmm... This hormone therapy for men might be the explanation for skinny jeans.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      lol that's for sure untrue.

                      "higher levels of estrogen can induce more nurturing behavior in males"
                      Well, the poor man does seem to have even more "nurturing behavior" than he did just a month ago. He's always been really nurturing, evidenced partially by him thinking things are cute (like ponies, for example). Now, he can barely contain himself and is totally enamored with the cute things--especially thoughts of cute little fingers and toes inside my belly, lol! Why would he not be having hormonal changes when he's living with a pregnant woman exuding hormones, and he knows a baby is on the way? I don't know if you're saying his hormones haven't changed, or arguing that that those changes don't influence anything...

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        ^His competitive nature seems to balance it out fine though

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                          Well, the poor man does seem to have even more "nurturing behavior" than he did just a month ago. He's always been really nurturing, evidenced partially by him thinking things are cute (like ponies, for example). Now, he can barely contain himself and is totally enamored with the cute things--especially thoughts of cute little fingers and toes inside my belly, lol! Why would he not be having hormonal changes when he's living with a pregnant woman exuding hormones, and he knows a baby is on the way? I don't know if you're saying his hormones haven't changed, or arguing that that those changes don't influence anything...
                          It doesn't automatically happened, and my testosterone is high 900s and I am completely enamored by cute things, too. I'm against that whole abstract, especially when it cites psychiatrists. Especially ones from my college.
                          Make America Great Again

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Zach
                            Knife, you still eating only 1600 cals??
                            I don't know. Wife makes food. I eat some of it sometimes. And the past few days, work has been weird. BUT, I don't plan on exceeding 2,000 calories a day. Definitely staying very low carb, like always. I'm exercising a bit and eating only when I'm hungry.

                            I just made my pre-bicycle coffee, and added a box of coconut milk. So, if I only have a liver later, I'll be at 1,150 calories. I might buy and eat cheese when getting groceries, and that would put me at 2,200 calories. I also may or may not have eggs at some point. I'm not hungry now, though.

                            What are you eating today, Zach?
                            Last edited by Knifegill; 09-14-2013, 10:48 AM.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              So far today i have had 24oz OJ with added sugar. 8oz coffee with added sugar, gelatin and dry fat free milk. Around 10 dates and three soft boiled eggs and 16oz cranberry juice with added sugar and gelatin. Will probably have some meat tonight with milk and probably cheese and dried fruit before bed.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                So far today i have had 24oz OJ with added sugar. 8oz coffee with added sugar, gelatin and dry fat free milk. Around 10 dates and three soft boiled eggs and 16oz cranberry juice with added sugar and gelatin. Will probably have some meat tonight with milk and probably cheese and dried fruit before bed.
                                It's good to see we're not radically changing our ways of eating. I kind of wonder what would happen if we completely swapped foods for a bit...

                                Anyway, went for my bike ride = 20 minutes on hills, did my bodyweight stuff at the playground, and rode home. "Fasting" as it were for at least an hour, then I'll eat my liver. Not my own liver, the livers of dead chickens.

                                We're almost halfway. Should we have progress pics at the 15-day mark, what is that, the 19th? I hate schedules and numbers, lol.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X