vibrams for high arched foot type

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vibrams for high arched foot type

Anyone have experience with wearing vibrams with broad, high archedfeet? I've had to wear orthotics for years, I supinate and get super tight in pereious muscle, so think it unlikely vibrams would suit me.

I also have ridiculously high arches (my standard issue boots cut into the tips of my feet and blister) and plantar fasciitis. I have spent a lot of time in orthotics. Basically I was able to wean myself of of them and into a minimalist shoe after about a year. These shoes are meant to strengthen your feet's natural support so of done properly it should be a good thing. Just take it slow and make sure your form is good, do not strike with your heel, and stretch your calves well. My calves get tight if I suddenly run a long distance without working up to it, but I no longer wear orthotics except for rucking with a heavy pack.

Comment

Fff I though of something else... There are foot exercises you can do to loosen and strengthen your arch as well. Try looking online.

Comment

How are you walking barefoot? I have extremely high arches as well, and for years used custom orthotics and was convinced that I could not wear minimal shoes. But I've always loved being barefoot and I found that my feet/arches were naturally strengthened from that, so switching to my New Balance Minimus was not as big a transition as I thought it would be. Try being barefoot more often for a while, and really focus on flexing/stretching your feet.

Comment

The vibram five fingers site has great foot exericises. It has been suggested that people transition to the FF by buying minimalist shoes first. After a while get the FF and wear them a few hour at a time, all while doing the exercises.

Comment

There's some good info here: go to beginning and it has some good tips for transitioning

*** NEW BAREFOOT OR MINIMALIST RUNNERS START HERE *** | Runner's World Community
            My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

Working...
            X