X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lift boxes of TPS reports!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I mostly sit on the Swedish ball rather than a chair. It really helps with keeping my hips from locking up. it's also a core workout. There are all sorts of exercises you can do while it looks like you're just sitting there. Try balancing on one foot, try different foot positions. Try no feet on the floor, etc. if nothing else just move your hips. Back to front. Side to side. Circles.

Also try using a foam roller (the kind used in pilates studios) during breaks if you have the room. Also a couple of tennis balls in a old tube sock work great--use between your spine nd the wall while doing squats or to roll under you calves or quads or neck (physical therapy trick). Both of these are great for keeping you joints and muscles

Comment

Ask your bosses about a stand up desk. My boss actually made mine for me out of 2x4's and plywood into a platform that fits my desk on top. It is about 1 1/2' tall and my monitors are on a stand he made also to raise them. the platform is great allows for calf raises if I want or can stand with one foot on the platform. I walk a lot around the office usually about every hour walk through the office once. Try to walk on my breaks as well. Grok squats throughout the day. Eventually I want to see if they mind if I bring in some dumbbells or a kettle bell.

Comment

Ill be going to the park for some lunchtime workouts provided weather holds up. Did chin ups on the swing set...

Other people have mentioned, walk to the furthest toilet, climb stairs if theyre there and go and go and chat to someone.

Comment

I made a poor-man's standing desk by folding up an empty box and putting my laptop on it. I have to admit I really do not like standing desks.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I have this problem too! Recently I set an "alarm" in my calendar to go off every hour to remind me to get up and do something. Sometimes on really busy days I have to ignore it but generally it works well for me. If I'm thirsty or have to go to the bathroom I go do that and take the long way there and back. If not, I'll just get up and do a bit of a stretch, some squats, some jumping jacks, a few incline pushups on my desk, etc. It's not much but at least I'm up a little! On my lunch break I go for a 30 minute walk and then just eat at my desk when I get back to work.

Comment

I stand up every time I'm on the phone, this often involves balancing on one leg. When I'm talking to colleagues I usually go into a squat or do a pistol squat or something such like. People will invariably ask what am I doing, but they get used to it. I often jump up on the desk and back down a few times as well, more so when I wear my VFF. When I'm waiting on the kettle to boil, I'll do tricep dips on the counter top.

Comment

Working...
                X