2 weeks off ... :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 weeks off ... :(

Had an eye operation, have an air bubble and been instructed to pretty much be a couch potato for the next 2 weeks.

This comes after I made some massive gains in strength over the last 2 weeks, with some very purposeful planning.

I'm scared now ill go backwards, though that maybe silly. But I've never had 2 weeks off since I started working out.

What WILL happen if anything? And what can I do to at least maintain what I have gained?

Thinking I should watch my food.

An enforced 'deload' week or two?

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-d...-get-stronger/

Comment

Eat clean, get enough calories to heal properly, wait. Your strength will still be there.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

you will NOT lose strength over 2 weeks!

i train once a month and still gain strength

Comment

Enjoy these 2 weeks and walk a lot if you can. I do body weight workouts and I don't follow a weekly routine very strictly. I will do 2 weeks very intense, and they chill out for 10 days or so, more or less. I am not worried about losing strength and so on, because it did not happen. I think it's good you try it so you can find out

Comment

Yup, no worries. You will likely come back stronger than ever . Just pick it up where you left off.

Comment

I disagree with everyone. I think your muscles will dry up and cease to fire and your bones will turn to dust. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Seriously, you'll be fine. Repeat the last successful workout from before the layoff and continue moving forward from there.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                I disagree with everyone. I think your muscles will dry up and cease to fire and your bones will turn to dust. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
                ha ha ha
                i bet you could find someone out there on a fitness forum somewhere that would say that

Comment

Heh ...

Good to hear my muscles won't melt off.
                  I was just thinking the gains I made were difficult - but quick - so wasn't sure how it would work the other way around. You know, it being generally easier to destroy something than build it.

Comment

Originally posted by Allenete View Post
                    Heh ...

Good to hear my muscles won't melt off.
                    I was just thinking the gains I made were difficult - but quick - so wasn't sure how it would work the other way around. You know, it being generally easier to destroy something than build it.
                    it would not be evolutionarily beneficial for the human body to lose strength so quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbeast View Post
                      it would not be evolutionarily beneficial for the human body to lose strength so quickly
                      correct if all things are going well for the body.

OTOH If the reason your laid up is a major injury, it is evolutionary beneficial for the human body to "steal" compounds from healthy tissue to speed up the repair process. It takes far longer to make new tissue than to just transfer it from somewhere else in the body. This results in very quick loss of strength and lean mass and is very likely where the "theory" of losing significant strength in a few weeks comes from. If your not injured or doing some crazy dietary deficit I would expect Greenbeast's statement to be very true, probably up to 2 months before you start seeing significant strength losses.

Here's another post I wrote for more of my opinion on this subject. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1274732
                      A little primal gem - My Success Story
                      Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

So I should eat in accordance to my maintenance, or more?

The eye is not a MAJOR injury. Thing that's keeping me from activity is a gas bubble in my eye as a result of surgery, otherwise the healing is for the abrasions on my cornea and swelling around the eye from the injections.

Comment

Look, just don't stress over it. there's far too much of that going on here.
                          Just eat, eat when hungry. like i said, i train once a month and don't vary my eating over the course of the month whether it be the week/day i train or the rest of the month

Comment

My fitness definitely drops after 2 weeks off, but strength doesn't seem to change!

Comment

Working...
                            X