Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friend did a circuit workout and immediately had "burning chest"? Asthma?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend did a circuit workout and immediately had "burning chest"? Asthma?

My friend and I were dragging a boxing heavy bag back and forth in a bootcamp class.
    After just 4 drags (a few feet), my friend said her lungs/chest were "white hot burning".
    This can't be normal. I wasn't even breathing heavy yet.

When I do something like a dozen hill sprints, or some non-stop 10 min. HIIT routine,
    sure, I feel winded, and am heaving for 1-2 mins. afterwards. That's normal.
    But, not after like 1 min of basic stuff.

Any clue was this premature chest burning could be caused by?
    Where's a proper website I can read more.
    She is headed to the doctor within a few days to get it checked out.
    In fact, is there a certain type of doctor one should see about this situation?

More reps.

Comment

If your friend isn't in shape, "white hot burning" is exactly how I'd describe cardio. Even what you've described would have gotten that effect from me a few years ago. It might not be normal, but the more she does, the better it'll get. A regular doctor can test her lungs for any capacity issues or oxygen flow.
      Depression Lies

Comment

+1

When you out of shape, breathing can cause burning sensation due to the CV system being non-adapted to the higher volumes of oxygen it must process. When I started running a few years back, after 2-3 min of running, I will burn. Now, the CV is fit, and I never get it. Just keep going and do a longer cool down interval before picking the intensity back up.
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
        X