Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Gainer Shake Recipes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weight Gainer Shake Recipes?

    So I'm trying to gain weight (as 'cleanly' as possible) and am looking for some ideas for weight-gainer shakes I can make at home. I know eating real food is a lot better than purchasing expensive weight gain supplements, so I've decided to make my own. The only real reason I want it in shake form is that it's a lot easier to drink calories without getting stuffed, than to eat them. I tend to eat slowly, and that makes it more difficult to down more food. Here's what I'm thinking for a shake idea:

    1 cup milk
    2T almond butter/peanut butter (I can tolerate peanuts well)
    1/2 cup oatmeal (I can also tolerate that)
    1 banana OR 1/2 sweet potato
    1 scoop whey (optional)

    Does that seem like a good combo? What are some other choices? Again, the main reason I am doing this is because I'm one of those guys who truly does have trouble putting on weight. Thanks for any advice.
    Chris

  • #2
    Originally posted by elfman5150 View Post
    So I'm trying to gain weight (as 'cleanly' as possible) and am looking for some ideas for weight-gainer shakes I can make at home. I know eating real food is a lot better than purchasing expensive weight gain supplements, so I've decided to make my own. The only real reason I want it in shake form is that it's a lot easier to drink calories without getting stuffed, than to eat them. I tend to eat slowly, and that makes it more difficult to down more food. Here's what I'm thinking for a shake idea:

    1 cup milk
    2T almond butter/peanut butter (I can tolerate peanuts well)
    1/2 cup oatmeal (I can also tolerate that)
    1 banana OR 1/2 sweet potato
    1 scoop whey (optional)

    Does that seem like a good combo? What are some other choices? Again, the main reason I am doing this is because I'm one of those guys who truly does have trouble putting on weight. Thanks for any advice.
    Chris
    Ice cream is good. Raw eggs too. If you're gonna do peanut butter, do it like this:

    1 scoop unflavored unsweetened whey powder
    1-4 raw eggs
    1 large pinch cocoa powder
    2 tbsps peanut butter
    milk
    dash of salt
    blender action

    You need an egg because the lecithin from it helps the cocoa powder mix with the milk. These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups and will get you swole in a jiffy.
    The Champagne of Beards

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Ice cream is good. Raw eggs too. If you're gonna do peanut butter, do it like this:

      1 scoop unflavored unsweetened whey powder
      1-4 raw eggs
      1 large pinch cocoa powder
      2 tbsps peanut butter
      milk
      dash of salt
      blender action

      You need an egg because the lecithin from it helps the cocoa powder mix with the milk. These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups and will get you swole in a jiffy.
      That sounds so delicious! I'm gonna try that after my workout today - thanks a bunch!

      Comment


      • #4
        Ich lasse ein jedes Mal, Lassen Sie eine Antwort schätze ich einen Beitrag auf einer Website oder ich habe etwas zu wertvoll, um die beitragen Diskussion.

        Nitro-X Pro und T-Force | Kaufen, Erfahrungen, Test: Nitro-X Pro


        Nitro-X Pro ist ein besonderer Stickstoffbooster, der dafür sorgt, dass die Stickstoffproduktion im Körper erhöht wird. Durch diese erhöhte Stickstoffproduktion wird die Aufnahmefähigkeit Eures Muskelgewebes verbessert und die Nährstoffe wirken effektiver. Durch die verbesserte Muskelversorgung können die Wachstumsimpulse der Muskeln optimal umgesetzt werden.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Ice cream is good. Raw eggs too. If you're gonna do peanut butter, do it like this:

          1 scoop unflavored unsweetened whey powder
          1-4 raw eggs
          1 large pinch cocoa powder
          2 tbsps peanut butter
          milk
          dash of salt
          blender action

          You need an egg because the lecithin from it helps the cocoa powder mix with the milk. These taste like Reese's peanut butter cups and will get you swole in a jiffy.
          Rich, you don't have any problem with the raw eggs? What type do you buy? Organic, pasture raised, or just conventional?

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd just buy some of this:

            https://www.iammutant.com/shop/ca/su...utantmass.html

            Comment


            • #7
              This is my morning shake recipe:

              2 scoops whey protein powder
              1 scoop hydrolyzed gelatin (Great Lakes)
              1 qt fresh homemade milk kefir
              pinch iodized salt
              1 banana
              1 pint fresh berries, whatever is in season/on sale

              I vary the fat level in the kefir depending on my weight and caloric intake. I make it with whole milk when I need calories, back off to 1-2% if I want to cut back. I make it daily, so it goes from the fermenter right into the blender.
              Click here for my hiking and backpacking Youtube Channel

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                Rich, you don't have any problem with the raw eggs? What type do you buy? Organic, pasture raised, or just conventional?
                I was doing this with local farm eggs that I was confident had been well-cleaned. Not eating raw eggs at the moment, because I lost that source.
                The Champagne of Beards

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was under the impression that egg white protein is better absorbed when cooked?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                    I was under the impression that egg white protein is better absorbed when cooked?
                    Cooked eggs are really gross in a shake though.
                    The Champagne of Beards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tried the suggestion. Choco flav whey...1 raw egg...whole milk...peanut butter. The eggs keeps things together very well. PB was a very nice adjunct flavor. A+

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        the raw egg yolk also contains lecithin, and is helpful in making things mix together, as well as making the thing frothylicious.
                        The Champagne of Beards

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Vielen Dank für das Thema zu diskutieren über die Fitness und Bodybuilding.

                          Danke, dass Sie das Thema um die Fitness und Bodybuilding diskutieren.
                          auch gibt es viele Ergänzungen ist auf dem Markt verfügbar, aber das Wichtigste ist, was das Beste geben result.Well mein Freund Vielzahl von Ergänzungen in Markt verfügbar, aber einige von ihnen ist gut für den Einsatz und ohne Nebenwirkungen ergänzt
                          bilden mein Punkt, den wir hier irgendein Vorschlag für Sie über die Ergänzungen.
                          Progain 350 ist eine der Ergänzungen verwendet wird, und es ist am besten für use.Progain 350 ist ein Universalgenie! Die Kapseln beschleunigen den Masseaufbau enorm, indem sie verschiedene Prozesse im Körper in Bewegung.

                          Sie können hier weitere Informationen zu finden
                          Progain 350 und Testinate 250

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X