Golf : The Perfect Primal Activity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf : The Perfect Primal Activity

I played golf with a friend of mine on Sunday and I just realised it is a perfect primal workout.

I don't particularly enjoy walking unless it has a purpose so this is a great way to get a lot of low level movement, sunshine and lifting/carrying heavy things (I'm planning on ditching the handheld buggy and carrying my clubs around the course).

If I wanted I could chuck a few weights in the bag, maybe even throw a few sprints in and I'm set!

Sorry, it is a major source of stress for many. I caddied as a teenager and saw many guys stressed out over their relaxing game of golf. If this isn't you, then yes it is a great way to spend a few hours
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Mark Twain - "Golf is a good walk spoiled."

Comment

I like golfing. Good low-level activity, outdoors, good outlet for creative swearing combinations.

I probably wouldn't add more weight to my bag on purpose, though.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

No way. No way. No way.
          Few but ripe.

Comment

I woud vote for deer stalking. Has all the benefits you highlight for golf with added bonus of lots of primal meat at the end of it! Usually.

Comment

Golf is kind of like hooking up a car battery to your nipples. If you like it, you should go ahead and enjoy it.

I'm good over here doing stuff that makes sense.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Haha very nice responses! I don't really get that stressed when I play golf so I should be all good but that could change depending on how I play!

Comment

And Vibrams make great golf shoes!

Comment

Probably wouldn't work for me - any golf course that I play on must include pirates, dinosaurs, or windmills

Comment

Golf is just outdoor Dart with some lazy walking! Grok would at least have been throwing a spearů
                      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by steven.kelly View Post
                        Haha very nice responses! I don't really get that stressed when I play golf so I should be all good but that could change depending on how I play!
                        Making fun of golf, on the other hand, is an extremely enjoyable and relaxing activity for me. You do what you do, I'll do what I do.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I looove golf. It is the one thing that gets me out reliably to exercise. It is a jolly good workout for me. Hubby on the other hand finds it way too stressful, he just feels the competitive spirit too much. I am happy to play and not worry.
                          Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                          Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                          Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Working...
                          X