Burpee Challenge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burpee Challenge!

I started yesterday, plan on finishing November 7.

Here's the jist:

Day 1- do one burpee
    Day 2- do two burpees...

Day 99- 99 burpees
    Day 100- 100 burpees to be done

Missed days have to be made up. So don't skip any, or you'll be really sorry.
    There's still plenty of time to "buy in" and join the fun!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

This sounds fun I will get caught up today.

Comment

Originally posted by NativeHoodrat View Post
      This sounds fun I will get caught up today.
      Yay!
      “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

Had to investigate exactly what a burpee is. Looks like a version of the old "bend and thrust" that my USMC drill instructors in boot camp used as punishment for our platoon if we screwed up, but without a leap at the end. (30+ years ago, BTW...)

I can immediately see the value of the burpee for strength, endurance, and power. Think I'm gonna figure out the best place to work it into my routine to some degree. Under the OP's challenge, at first it would be a novelty movement in conjunction with my other exercises. At some point it would have to become a workout unto itself...

Comment

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I hate burpees!!!!!!

My karate Sensei loves making us do them, and man; they're worse then push-ups, sit-ups and squats put together!!

But...okay I'm in!

Comment

do I have to do a full one or can I do a modified one?

Comment

think so,This sounds fun I will get caught up today. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by phigment View Post
                do I have to do a full one or can I do a modified one?
                I would think that a modified one would be fine. The idea is to get strong and really good at burpees.

Comment

My mantra is quickly turning into "I LOVE BURPEES YES I DO!"

Comment

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
                    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I hate burpees!!!!!!

My karate Sensei loves making us do them, and man; they're worse then push-ups, sit-ups and squats put together!!

But...okay I'm in!
                    Hating burpees means that you really need them!

Comment

Look up "8 count body builders." My father used to do them in the Navy, and they are a kick-a$$ workout to say the least. I know SEALS use them as well. I think I"ll try this as well

Comment

Will jump on the bandwagon after holidays & start training @ gym again ! Will have it noted on locker or I will forget with a little tally chart also!

From London England UK

Comment

I will join as well! Mine will be modified at first, but it's better than nothing!

Comment

Day 3 = 3
                            Plus I got caught up the other day.

Comment

I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.

Comment

Working...
                              X