Burpee Challenge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RC3435 View Post
    I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.
    I don't know what overdoing it means for you, so you'd have to use your own judgement. I think for most people, 100 burpees would take 10-20 minutes to complete, if done all at once. So yes, this can be a workout in and of itself.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

is your challenge 100 burpees all at once? or are you splitting them up throughout the day as the numbers get higher?

Comment

100 burpees = 7 minutes for me... good way to wake up!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stewie97 View Post
          is your challenge 100 burpees all at once? or are you splitting them up throughout the day as the numbers get higher?
          You can split them up. Totally legal.

I'm only on Day 6, and so far, it's easiest to just do them as soon as I wake up, before my brain catches on to what's happening. As the challenge goes on, I'll probably make myself do 20-30 first thing every morning.
          "Need to pee? Nope. Twenty burpees, then you can pee."
          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

I have to wait until I see my physical therapist this week to see if I am cleared for burpees. (Recovering from ACL reconstruction surgery; I'm seeing my surgeon in 21 days to see if I finally can return to regular activity, including taekwondo.) So...It could be that on August 27, I'll have to do er, 27 burpees. But what a way to celebrate...!
            F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

This sounds absolutely AWFUL. I'm in. How many is it today? 5?

Comment

Day 6 complete. I get mine done first thing in the morning.

Comment

i put my back out (very bad) doing a burpee challenge similar to this.

2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Sounds fun, I think I'll tack this on to the end of my normal excercise.
                    Primal Since September 2010
                    Beginning Weight = 250lb
                    Current Weight = 197lb
                    Goal Weight = Whatever weight I am when I can do 30 pull ups without taking a break...

Comment

I'm delurking long enough to say I love this concept and I started yesterday and have recruited 9 friends and co-workers to join me. Two of which brought in their husbands, bringing my little group up to 12. I really love positive workout groups that encourage one another and thank the original poster for sharing this idea! It has wings!

Comment

My WOD tomorrow has 89 burpees. I guess I'm skipping ahead.
                        ~All luck is earned in the end.~

Comment

Day 8 and feeling good. It really is hard to stop after so few.

Comment

Can I start today by doing 8 and be caught up?

Or must I do all 36 that I would have done by now?

;-)
                            Last edited by PBNewby; 08-08-2013, 02:01 PM.
                            Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
                            Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
                            "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
                            "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
                            "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

Here are the official rules. Nevermind that it's from a Crossfit box:

The 100 Day Burpee Challenge!!! | CrossFit 561

So, if you want to join the August 1 group, you'll have to do 28 burpees to catch up, and then 8 for day 8 of the challenge. That makes 36 total for today. Or you can start on a Day 1 of your choosing and progress that way.

Comment

Originally posted by NativeHoodrat View Post
                                Day 8 and feeling good. It really is hard to stop after so few.
                                I know, right?! You just get into a rhythm and then you're done. We will look upon these early times as the good old days, soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X