How Many Sprint Sessions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Sprint Sessions?

So I've plateaued for some time and still have some stubborn belly fat to lose so I am going to re-incorporate sprinting back into my weekly routine. Question is how many sprint sessions? Is one enough? Or is it advisable to do two a week on non-consecutive days in order to really get things moving?

2 sprint sessions and one HIT lifting day a week with an absurd amount of walking would be my Rx for fast weight loss in the exercise department.

Comment

I do maybe 2 a week.

Either sprinting or rowing.

Either at the end of a squat / dL day or on a rest day.
      Usually do them AM and fasted for maximum benefit.

& like previous comment said walk walk walk

London UK

Comment

start with one. Generally I do 2. I lift twice a week. On my off days, I just walk..I call this my recovery day. I guess similar to what neckhammer said.

Comment

Originally posted by john_solo View Post
          So I've plateaued for some time and still have some stubborn belly fat to lose so I am going to re-incorporate sprinting back into my weekly routine. Question is how many sprint sessions? Is one enough? Or is it advisable to do two a week on non-consecutive days in order to really get things moving?
          Are we talking getting down to "pro athlete" levels of body fat? Because that's a full time job - an hour a day, six days a week, in the weight room plus 3-4 very very hard (much harder than "oh, whatever, 5-10 sprints" level) sprinting sessions a week.

Comment

True story. Perhaps some specific metrics here for what you're trying to achieve?
            Yes, I'm a real person.

Comment

Mark's Primal Fitness program recommends one sprint session every 7 - 10 days. That's enough for health. I'm an older woman and have been slowly working my way up to being able to do 2x a week sprints. It takes a heck of a lot out of me. I reach my 220-age max heart rate on these sprints, or darn close to it.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Heck, sprint everyday. Bring a friend to the track and time your 200m. Look up Clyde Hart - Scale accordingly.

Comment

That's a good idea - here's a link to a Clyde Hart writeup on training for competitive 400M/800M sprinters....

http://www.usatf.org/groups/Coaches/...lyde_Hart3.pdf

Comment

Just got through with my second set of sprints this week, Tabata (20 seconds all out, 10 seconds slow) for six reps on a stationary bicycle. Spent more time warming upland cooling down but, but I promise your felt it!
                    Last edited by bemental; 08-01-2013, 03:24 PM.
                    Yes, I'm a real person.

Comment

I sprint after my squat and deadlifting sessions. I lift, drive to a park, and sprint up a hill. If not that, you should do it 3x a week, never before your squat session.....eat....recover....yes you will be sore, but your body will eventually respond.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman View Post
                        I sprint after my squat and deadlifting sessions. I lift, drive to a park, and sprint up a hill. If not that, you should do it 3x a week, never before your squat session.....eat....recover....yes you will be sore, but your body will eventually respond.
                        Perfect info I was looking for.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I do sprint once evert 7-10 days...and on that day I don't dpo any other ezercises

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Working...
                          X