OMG, my mom started the Be Your Own Gym

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, my mom started the Be Your Own Gym

I gotta say, I had a wonderful talk with my mom yesterday, she is staring to work on her upper body finally. She is a biker, so her legs are iron-solid, but her arms need a LOT of love. It was kindda fun explaining her all the concepts, and she seems to actually enjoy the workouts. Dumbbells are not exactly her thing

Sorry, just have to share, I am pretty pumped she's finally trying it! She's 61, was cardio since she was a kid (competitive hurdler runner as a teen) so go her!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Good for her!

My mom doesn't do any special fitness stuff, but she amazed me that only a few weeks after a hysterectomy she was moving the furniture in her house around so she could vacuum. After my own hysterectomy, I couldn't push a vacuum without pain after 7 weeks. She also went for a 6 mile hike after double knee replacement surgery. She's not even a hiker normally.

Go moms!
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

That's awesome. I'm a firm believer that all women should lift- it keeps us functionally strong into our old age. I want to be able to carry my own groceries, carry the vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs, etc. no matter how old I get.
      High Weight: 225
      Weight at start of Primal: 189
      Current Weight: 174
      Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

Originally posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
        That's awesome. I'm a firm believer that all women should lift- it keeps us functionally strong into our old age. I want to be able to carry my own groceries, carry the vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs, etc. no matter how old I get.
        Boom. Age gracefully, as they say.
        Yes, I'm a real person.

Comment

Cool.

And what Dee and bemental said...
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Thanks, folks I am hoping she won't give up
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

think so,She also went for a 6 mile hike after double knee replacement surgery. She's not even a hiker normally.

Comment

Awesome! I recently bought Body By You, which is like the "sister" version of BYOG.
                65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Working...
                X