No announcement yet.

Moving TOO slow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It all depends on your conditioning level....if you are a lifelong trainee, have done endurance races before, etc, then slow walking will not do much. If you are starting from a more basic level though, it can be magical.

I am a hiking nut, usually 1 or 2 ascents of 2-3 hours a week. It is my main form of cardio, but I realize that some don't have those kind of resources and I didn't for a long time. I liked the idea about carrying stuff, making it challenging.

Bottom line: humans are meant to move a lot. Doing so gives benefits pretty much everywhere.
    "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Not gonna read this whole thread but if you want to lose weight then your moving too slow.

One of the problems with primal is that sometimes people get mixed up between what mark says will help you lose weight and what mark says is healthy.

its unhealthy to run 90 miles a day but, it will make you lose weight.

Bottom line is, you still need to work hard to atain a good body.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
        Not gonna read this whole thread but if you want to lose weight then your moving too slow.

One of the problems with primal is that sometimes people get mixed up between what mark says will help you lose weight and what mark says is healthy.

its unhealthy to run 90 miles a day but, it will make you lose weight.

Bottom line is, you still need to work hard to atain a good body.
        the fact that he began his reply with "not gonna read this whole thread" shows mental laziness and a desire to just dispense advice.

as many people have stated, it depends. if you are used to spending all day at a desk and walking those miles is a significant increase in activity then you will see big improvements. if you are used to doing a lot more intense activities you probably wont see much. try it a month or 2 and see what happens, walking is always good for you for many more reasons than just weight loss so you really have nothing to lose

Comment

Carry some heavy things with you next time. Swing them about. Gallon jugs of water are a good example.

M.

Comment

Working...
          X